Chinese foodYou've got to give this kid points for taking initiative at least, as dangerous as his initiative may have been. It happened this weekend when the unidentified 6-year-old got a craving for Chinese food. So he grabbed his parents' car keys off of the counter, and set off in search of his fix around 7:30 a.m. Saturday morning

Having never driven before, he had some trouble. According to The Detroit News, he collided with a "no left turn" sign in his family's Ford Taurus station wagon and, being the responsible kid he is, decided he needed to get the car fixed. So he headed toward the car dealer to get the work done.

Can you imagine? Apparently he made quite a sight too as police started receiving calls about him. Sgt. Andy Engster of the Lapeer County Sheriff's Department told the paper, "They told police when they called that it looked like a 6-year-old was driving the car. And they were exactly right."

By the time officers got to him, two other drivers had "boxed him into a turnaround". He made it about three miles in all, which is pretty impressive for a kid who said he'd never driven before, not even on his dad's lap. Lapeer County Sheriff's Deputy Karl Sapp told The Detroit Free Press:

I don't know how he was able to operate everything and see at the same time. Apparently, he was close enough that he could reach the pedals.

Thank goodness no one got hurt. And get this, when police called his father to come pick him up, his parents didn't even know he was gone!

I can't even imagine getting such a call. Or ... I don't know, maybe I can. My son, who is now 9, would have never done anything like that -- he's too much of a rule follower. My daughter, however, I don't know. It's not a conversation we've ever had -- never try to drive the car -- but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to just go over that with her.

What's the sneakiest thing one of your children has done?
How would you punish your child for something like that?