Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nevada Moms Nevada Moms

Looking for Vegas moms!

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:22 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hello, everybody!

I'm a sahm in southwest Las Vegas, and I'm looking for other moms in the area to get together and have playdates and just hang out.  My daughter is 20 months old, so I'd kind of prefer to find some people with kids close to her age, but really, at this point, I'm a bit desperate, lol.  Haven't had much luck with facebook groups, and have tried giving my number to one or two moms at the local park whom I've happened to strike up a conversation with, but haven't gotten any response from that.  And I swear I shower and brush my hair and everything. ;)

Anyway, none of my friends have kids, and while I love my friends dearly, I think it would be awesome to make some new friends with kids about my daughter's age.  That way, the little ones are at about the same level developmentally and can work on their socialization skills together, and we adults can have some of that precious adult interaction. 

If you happen to be in the Vegas area and would be interested in making a new friend, please let me know!

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dodie702
by Doriane on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM
2 moms liked this
Hi! I'm Doriane and I have 2 kids. Alyna who's 4 and Anthony who's 3. I've met a lot of great friends at my local Rec center. They have free toddler playtime on Fridays. Your local Rec center might have the same program offered. If not, come visit Hollywood Rec Center Fridays at 9am. We have a blast. :)
ApathyAngel
by New Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Hi Doriane!  It's a pleasure to meet you.  I've looked into Rec centers, and unfortunately the closest one to me is still a twenty-minute car drive away (I live on Jones and 215).  But I think next week I'll find out where the Hollywood Rec Center is and try it out.  Thanks for the suggestion!

RaineyLeigh
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Try momsclub.org they have groups all over the country. It asks you to put in your zipcode and tells you if there is a group in your area. I was in one up here in North LV for a while and it was a life saver! Kids had fun and I made some good friends!

mrs.hartman12
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Pinkpeas is where i hung out when i lived there . look then up on Facebook, i made great friends!
nikkip1
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not far from you. I'm 215 and Russell. I have 4 boys 7, 5, 3 and 18 months. You can PM me for my number if you'd like.
mamapalo
by New Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:44 PM
I understand how you feel my son is 4. I moved here and none of my friends have kids here so I've been looking for friends for my kids to have play dates with I'm off Hollywood and lake mead
mamapalo
by New Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM
My son is in close age with two of your boys

Quoting nikkip1:

I'm not far from you. I'm 215 and Russell. I have 4 boys 7, 5, 3 and 18 months. You can PM me for my number if you'd like.

JulieJacobKyle
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!  I am on the other end of town with older kids than you, but there are lots of Vegas moms here.

chelsea2007
by New Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:00 AM

I'm off of Boulder Hwy/95 or Flamingo/95 , depending on where you're coming from. I have two boys ages 4 and 5, and a little girl age 1. 

Jessica265
by New Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I live in the Summerlin area and my son is 16 months

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)