Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nevada Moms Nevada Moms

Stratosphere

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:28 PM
  • 9 Replies

Have you gone on any of the rides there?  I am to chicken to even go to the top of the building let alone go on those rides up there.

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
JulieJacobKyle
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:18 PM

LOL no way!  I am way too afraid of heights.

btherese
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Yeah, me too, chicken, that is. I went to the top once, ate at the restaurant on my 40th birthday with my ex-h, and never rode a single ride. That was all I could do. My sons have done all the rides, and the oldest wants to bungee jump off of it. I told him if he does, not to let me know, I'll throw up. Sorry!

Ambear72
by Amber on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I couldnt even go to the top.  I had a panic attack going to the top of the Eiffle tower at the Paris Casion lol. No way I could go to the top of the Stratospere

darci16
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Been to the top, no rides though. This is crazy, it was about 6 1/2 years ago and ds and I had just gone downstairs to the food court, McDonalds after being at the top, and ds was on his way to a table when there was this extremely loud, almost like a small bomb sound and it shook just above him and all the alarms went off and people were just running out of there, because we all didn't know what it was. Come to find out someone jumped from the top and landed on the roof just above the McDonalds. We had just been up there not even 10 minutes before, it was so sad to think someone was just that lost and felt so alone to think to do something like that. Have no idea how he could even get over the barriers they have to prevent that.

RaineyLeigh
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I have done the Big Shot, the ride that shoots to the top of the tower there. lol! W-O-W is all I can say! Im not afraid of heights but really that was wild! You lose sight of the building all together the second they shoot you upward! I told DH thats the closest I want to be to heaven until I die.

AngryBob
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 4:25 AM

lol i love rollar coasters, so of course i've been up there. i've done the rollar coaster that goes around it, as well as the big shot. they have two new ones, the one that goes around in a circle after they drop the floor out, so you're looking straight down, and one that rocks back and forth. i've done the one that goes in a circle. it was a fun thrill.

now they charge you just to go up to the top, which is lame. and the top of the world restaurant is waaaaay overpriced. not worth it at all. we used to go to roxy's diner on the first level, but even that has changed. it used to be "our" restaurant. oh well, we still have the memories.

if you like thrills, they are fun. but the big shot isn't a straight drop, it's a controlled drop, which takes some of the fun out of it. still, it's fun to say that you've done it, especially if you're a tourist.

btherese
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Wow, sad. I remember hearing about that. You were there?! That is horrible and horribly sad.

Quoting darci16:

Been to the top, no rides though. This is crazy, it was about 6 1/2 years ago and ds and I had just gone downstairs to the food court, McDonalds after being at the top, and ds was on his way to a table when there was this extremely loud, almost like a small bomb sound and it shook just above him and all the alarms went off and people were just running out of there, because we all didn't know what it was. Come to find out someone jumped from the top and landed on the roof just above the McDonalds. We had just been up there not even 10 minutes before, it was so sad to think someone was just that lost and felt so alone to think to do something like that. Have no idea how he could even get over the barriers they have to prevent that.

Dodie702
by Doriane on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Nope.....they are way too high for me!
DixieL
by Dixie on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:48 AM

I'm scared to death of heights, so no I wouldn't go on the rides there. Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN