Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who was on YOUR baby watch?

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:03 PM
  • 6 Replies

It seems that everyone is on royal baby watch. It is all over twitter, fb, the news and even CM, so I thought it would be fun to talk about our own experiences with baby watch.

Who was with you when you had your children? 

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
DKk0531
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
actually with me? like in the hospital room? my ex. my parents, brother, cousin and a family friend were all in the hospital when she was born but nobody in the room but my ex.

with this one, nobody but my dh will be anywhere near or in the hospital. we arent telling anyone when i go into labor, except my mom because she needs to stay with dd. we dont want anyone knowing because i know mil would be on my f'en nerves and it would end in the cops being called. i want to relax and enjoy my labor and delivery with no vistors and no "baby watch"

im only keeping up with royal baby news because i like hearing positive stories on the news. we only hear horrible things on the news now so its refreashing to see all this excitment and happiness.
Ambear72
by Amber on Jul. 22, 2013 at 5:13 PM

My husband.  thats pretty much all, his Mom lived to far away to be here for the birth and my parents are no longer with me.

DixieL
by Dixie on Jul. 22, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I had to stay in the hospital for eleven days. While I was there, it was my husband, my mom, my sisters were there everyday. My mother-in-law came sometimes. My sister's husband came all the time, and his brother and sisters. They thought I might need a blood transfusion. My brother-in-law, his brother, and one of his sisters matched my blood, and were going to give it to me. It was when they first found out about aids, and wasn't sure how you got it. They wanted family members to give their blood. My brother-in-law, his brother and his sister, matched my blood and I'll never forget how they were so willing to give their blood to me. I thought that was so awesome that they cared enough.

JulieJacobKyle
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:46 PM

When I was in labor with my first, it was my friend Michelle and my husband.  It was just my husband when I delivered.

With my second, Michelle stayed through the delivery so both my husband and Michelle were there when he was born.

Dodie702
by Doriane on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:42 PM
My hubby and my parents.
darci16
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Ds was early and dh was working out of town. My mom, step-dad and brother were at the hospital, and my mom was with me during delivery. Dh got there about 1 1/2 hours after ds was born.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)