• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know if I'm ready...

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:18 PM
  • 4 Replies
For my kids to go back to school. I am a reck right now...I was all excited for my boys to go back to school this year. Then I started shopping for them and all of a sudden I started crying and not wanting summer to end. I know my boys are gonna grow up no matter what I want but can it at least slow down. My youngest is gonna be 8 this year and going into the 2nd grade. Then I have my 12 year old going into the 7th grade. Then last but not least I have my 14 year old who will be 15 this December going into the 9th grade this year. My hubby tells me I am just upset cause my oldest will be in High School this year and I just need to adjust to the idea. I don't know if I want to....I have been reading up on the high school that my son will be attending this year anf it seems really nice but no one that I know has a child that has hone there. So does anyone know or has your child ever attended East Career & Technical Academy?? If so how was it?? Hoping that if I find someone who had/has a child that went there I will feel better.
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Ambear72
by Amber on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont live in Vegas so no my son didnt attend that school, but I understand your not wanting your kids to grow up so fast.  My Kids are 17 (18 in Sept) he graduated this past May 31st, then I have a 9 yr old in 4th and my twins are 7 going into 2nd.  I am ready for school to start only because we have had a really boring summer.  But no I dont want my kids growing up and would love for things to slow down as well.  HUGs to you!

Babygi
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Yeah I just want my kids to stop growing...lol

When your oldest started High School how was it...I just worry cause my oldest has some learning delays. He worked really hard to get into the Technical Academy and the closer we get the more scared I am for him. He has is saying things like what if I fail and are you sure I am smart enough to do this. It just breaks my heart and I tell him I know he is smart enough cause he was already exepted and if he wasn't then they never would have allowed him into the school. He said your right mom...but then I go to my room and cry into my pillow cause those are the things I worry about.

Quoting Ambear72:

I dont live in Vegas so no my son didnt attend that school, but I understand your not wanting your kids to grow up so fast.  My Kids are 17 (18 in Sept) he graduated this past May 31st, then I have a 9 yr old in 4th and my twins are 7 going into 2nd.  I am ready for school to start only because we have had a really boring summer.  But no I dont want my kids growing up and would love for things to slow down as well.  HUGs to you!

DixieL
by Dixie on Aug. 2, 2013 at 6:19 PM

I wish I could help you with your question, but I don't know anyone who will be attending there either. It does sound like a good school. I have never heard anything bad happening in that school. The reason I wanted to write you, is because I know how you feel. I only got to have one kid. I had a boy, who is now twenty seven and has been married for three years. I know how it feels to be so sad when summer was over and he had to leave me again. I hated it too. The one thing I'm happy about is that his wife and he are buying a house with my husband and me. It won't be paid off for thirty years, so I'll always get to have him with me in the same house. I give them plenty of space, and try not to get in their business. As a matter of fact, they tell me a lot more, than I ask them. The people in the group Confessions thought it was weird that I was happy about that, but they live the way they want to and I live my way. Check out the school on the internet and make sure it sounds good. I'm sure he will make friends fast. Talk to me whenever you want to and Good Luck

Babygi
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Thank you...I have already been to the school and it is a really nice school. It actually has 7 schools in 1..really big school. We are suppose to get a letter here in about a week for orientation which will cost me $40 for him to attend. He is actually really excited and scared at the same time. I think I am more scared then he is...lol...I just wish I knew for sure what the teachers where like and things like that.

Quoting DixieL:

I wish I could help you with your question, but I don't know anyone who will be attending there either. It does sound like a good school. I have never heard anything bad happening in that school. The reason I wanted to write you, is because I know how you feel. I only got to have one kid. I had a boy, who is now twenty seven and has been married for three years. I know how it feels to be so sad when summer was over and he had to leave me again. I hated it too. The one thing I'm happy about is that his wife and he are buying a house with my husband and me. It won't be paid off for thirty years, so I'll always get to have him with me in the same house. I give them plenty of space, and try not to get in their business. As a matter of fact, they tell me a lot more, than I ask them. The people in the group Confessions thought it was weird that I was happy about that, but they live the way they want to and I live my way. Check out the school on the internet and make sure it sounds good. I'm sure he will make friends fast. Talk to me whenever you want to and Good Luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)