Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nevada Moms Nevada Moms

possible eviction!! long story :-(

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:06 PM
  • 2 Replies

hello ladies. Sorry, to vent but ive been keeping my personal problems to myself, and its time to let it out! if i dont, i am going to EXPLODE! anyways, it all started when my husband has been in between jobs for nearly 4 years.Together, we have 3 boys ages 7 years, and 14. My mother in law lives with us in our rental house. She has been living with us since 2009. Well, we moved out of our old condo, a rental as well. Prior to us moving out, my husband got a good paying job out in Boulder City, he worked there for alittle over a month, so we decided to finally move out of there, it was hell living in a 2 bed 2 ba with 6 people and 3 dogs! also, the neigborhood was getting etremely bad, the HOA was fuckin stupid, felt like we were in jail! needless to say,we packed out things and found a new rental house out in Henderson.Well, little did we know, about a month after we moved in, ( we signed a 1 year lease ) he lost his job! with no warning, the company he worked for just dissapeared! and didnt pay him either!! we filed with the BBB, but without any way of contacting them, no address, no phone number, it was hard to track them down..mother in law works btw, and she pays whatever she can..we all have this freaking house in our name. Hubby just found a job recently, and in the midst of that, my car got repoed, and we have been slapped with a 5 day notice,which im going to have to contest to this monday :-(  i dont know what else to do, or where to turn, we dont have a plan B, and if we get evicted, i dont see how we can even apply to move anywhere else with an eviction on our credit! my brothers and my mother live close by, and but will not be of much help,and i dont expect them to either. They dont even know how bad it is financially for me. We are sharing 1 car right now, with all 3 of us working. Weve only been in this house since end of May of this year. I have been in constant communication with the realtor, landlord supposedly lives out of town. I have explained our situation, and has initially agreed to accept payments on the rent, beginning of the month, and end of the month..but, with the loss of my car, 2 deaths in our families this month, and all the bills piling up, i am in need for more time to pay the remaining balance!! I am sorry ladies to let out all my problems here on cafemom, i know some of you prob dont care, and im not looking for sympathy either..just needed to vent, and let everything out as i dont have much friends locally or on the net for that matter..i am crying now,as i type this so i better go now..thank you all so much for reading this far!!! it was very difficult to write this!!!

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
RonaH
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:26 PM

So sorry I have been on hard times before and i know how hard it is emotionally. Usually i write things out and hatch out a semi plan it helps me feel better of I have some direction. Seek a private landlord even if you have to  temporarily move into a small place sometimes they will cut you a break on deposits if you are able to manage that. Also I would skip the funerals if they require money and travel. Right now a home is more important and people just have to understand that. P.S. Im sorry for your losses.

Geena_Page
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Thank you RonaH, the deaths were here in town..and we had family in town that stayed with us, and what not, just have been trying to recover from that as well..i am such an emotional train wreck, just trying to stay positive and be strong for my kids..thank you once again for listening..i am very thankful and appreciative..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)