Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving

Posted by on May. 13, 2015 at 3:21 PM
  • 10 Replies

First I have never lived anywhere but where I am now...so I am looking for advice. We are planning on moving to Nevada soon and I would like to know from anyone with a lot of experience how is it out there. As far as cost of living jobs schools etc ? I do have family out there and I really don't want to ask them because they will be biased to the situation because they want me to move.

Any advice will help.

by on May. 13, 2015 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jezebel_witch
by on May. 26, 2015 at 2:59 PM
Hello, living cost is not bad and school are good. My name is Christina aka jezebel, I live in las Vegas and I love it here. Feel free to ask me anything.
DevotedMotheof3
by Mom-1st on May. 26, 2015 at 3:13 PM

Quoting jezebel_witch: Hello, living cost is not bad and school are good. My name is Christina aka jezebel, I live in las Vegas and I love it here. Feel free to ask me anything.

Thank so much for replying...I've been waiting to hear from someone. My sister lives in north Las Vegas and the rent there is sooo cheap. A lot cheaper them what one would pay where I am for her type of house and space. I am wondering if in your opinion would it be best for someone to apply for a job before moving out there or wait until the move? Whenever the move takes place I can live with my sister for a bit but I want to have a job and place soon after.

is it really easy to get a job there I am a office/hr manager where I currently work. I am also trying to convince my S/O to apply now.

jezebel_witch
by on May. 26, 2015 at 3:27 PM
You are welcome. Yes it is to get a job here. My boyfriend was born and raised in las vegas. Where are you moving from? How old are your children? I would apply for jobs before moving out here. Alot of places are hiring. My boyfriend is a cab driver and he brings money home everyday. It is a great place to raise a family and so much to do here.

Quoting DevotedMotheof3:

Quoting jezebel_witch: Hello, living cost is not bad and school are good. My name is Christina aka jezebel, I live in las Vegas and I love it here. Feel free to ask me anything.

Thank so much for replying...I've been waiting to hear from someone. My sister lives in north Las Vegas and the rent there is sooo cheap. A lot cheaper them what one would pay where I am for her type of house and space. I am wondering if in your opinion would it be best for someone to apply for a job before moving out there or wait until the move? Whenever the move takes place I can live with my sister for a bit but I want to have a job and place soon after.

is it really easy to get a job there I am a office/hr manager where I currently work. I am also trying to convince my S/O to apply now.

DevotedMotheof3
by Mom-1st on May. 26, 2015 at 3:59 PM
We are moving from Va and 6-17 are the ages. I was thinking that also to apply before coming. This way I will have something already in place

Quoting jezebel_witch: You are welcome. Yes it is to get a job here. My boyfriend was born and raised in las vegas. Where are you moving from? How old are your children? I would apply for jobs before moving out here. Alot of places are hiring. My boyfriend is a cab driver and he brings money home everyday. It is a great place to raise a family and so much to do here.

Quoting DevotedMotheof3:

jezebel_witch
by on May. 26, 2015 at 4:15 PM
You should.

Quoting DevotedMotheof3: We are moving from Va and 6-17 are the ages. I was thinking that also to apply before coming. This way I will have something already in place

Quoting jezebel_witch: You are welcome. Yes it is to get a job here. My boyfriend was born and raised in las vegas. Where are you moving from? How old are your children? I would apply for jobs before moving out here. Alot of places are hiring. My boyfriend is a cab driver and he brings money home everyday. It is a great place to raise a family and so much to do here.

Quoting DevotedMotheof3:

Ambear72
by Amber on Jul. 17, 2015 at 10:59 PM

I Live in Nothern Nevada and just visited Las Vegas las week.  If it was so crazy hot there in the summer I would move down there.  There is a lot to do there for sure.  I dont know about the schools there.  Good Luck with your move. I hope all goes well.

jezebel_witch
by on Jul. 23, 2015 at 12:59 PM

schools are okay better than most states

Quoting Ambear72:

I Live in Nothern Nevada and just visited Las Vegas las week.  If it was so crazy hot there in the summer I would move down there.  There is a lot to do there for sure.  I dont know about the schools there.  Good Luck with your move. I hope all goes well.

Ambear72
by Amber on Jul. 23, 2015 at 1:30 PM

I dont think the schools up here in the Reno area are to bad.  There was a thing that recently said the Nevada schools were the worst in the nation.  I am about 30 miles from Reno and I love the elementary school my kids go to.  There are less then 25 kids in the class and they still say the pledge of allegiance everyday and even take a moment of silence.  

Quoting jezebel_witch:

Quoting Ambear72:

jezebel_witch
by on Jul. 24, 2015 at 11:08 AM

i love being vegas and i am glad my daughter is not school aged yet.

Quoting Ambear72:

I dont think the schools up here in the Reno area are to bad.  There was a thing that recently said the Nevada schools were the worst in the nation.  I am about 30 miles from Reno and I love the elementary school my kids go to.  There are less then 25 kids in the class and they still say the pledge of allegiance everyday and even take a moment of silence.  

Quoting jezebel_witch:

Quoting Ambear72:

DevotedMotheof3
by Mom-1st on Aug. 2, 2015 at 10:16 AM
We are still planning on moving there. Maybe by this time next year. What part of Nevada are you in? I have family in Las Vegas so that is why we want to move there. When we visited out there we were in Laughlin on some boat ride. It was fun.

Quoting Ambear72:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)