Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite Places to take Day Trips in VIriginia

Posted by   + Show Post

What are your favorite places to take a day trip to in Virignia?

What do you like about them?

If you have photos, please post them here!

Join us in the Virginia Moms group!

by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Replies (41-46):
nova.mommy
by Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:36 PM

We may go next week.

My in-laws are coming down and FIL woked on planes in the Navy during the time of the Korean war(he did't get sent over because after basic training he was in a accident that lead to him being on the Navy's disabled list - messed up his leg good, needs a cane to walk).  He likes to go when they come down(they live in New York state).

Quoting virginiamama71:

We love it there.

If someone does not want to pay the parking fee they can catch a bus from the Dulles towncenter mall outside of macy's. I think the fee is .50 one way or if they do not want to spend alot of time there, parking is free at 4:30.

Quoting nova.mommy:

• The Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, Air and Space Museum Annex at Dulles International Airport.  I love to go up in the observation tower to see planes land/take-off from DIA.  My kids have seen the Enterprise and Discovery space shuttles.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Hope everyone has fun. 

Quoting nova.mommy:

We may go next week.

My in-laws are coming down and FIL woked on planes in the Navy during the time of the Korean war(he did't get sent over because after basic training he was in a accident that lead to him being on the Navy's disabled list - messed up his leg good, needs a cane to walk).  He likes to go when they come down(they live in New York state).

Quoting virginiamama71:

We love it there.

If someone does not want to pay the parking fee they can catch a bus from the Dulles towncenter mall outside of macy's. I think the fee is .50 one way or if they do not want to spend alot of time there, parking is free at 4:30.

Quoting nova.mommy:

• The Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, Air and Space Museum Annex at Dulles International Airport.  I love to go up in the observation tower to see planes land/take-off from DIA.  My kids have seen the Enterprise and Discovery space shuttles.

Join us in the Virginia Moms group!

nova.mommy
by Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Thank You!

Quoting virginiamama71:

Hope everyone has fun. 

Quoting nova.mommy:

We may go next week.

Quoting virginiamama71:

We love it there.

Quoting nova.mommy:

motamaid
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

We love going to all the pick-your-own farms and things in NOVA . Mostly keep it closer to Leesburg where we live. We visit ones around Aldi, Berryville, Purcelville. Some for food, some for flowers. Many have hay rides and snacks and moon bouncy things and slides and stuff. Fun for the whole family. In the fall we love to go to Crooked Run in Purcellville and pick apples. This year we went more than once and picked almost 100 lbs. We made tons of things with them. delicious.

ElizabethGracie
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Are you from Grundy? I was born in Tazewell County! :-)

Quoting pebbles98:

Poplar Gap Park is amazing for a day trip. We've taken plenty of day trips to this area. The playgrounds are great and inventive. Instead of regular monkey bars and things of that sort, they have their playgrounds make to look like something... like noahs ark, monster trucks, castles and more. They offer bbq pits and the scenery is beautiful. The link really doesn't do it justice.

http://www.buchanancountyinfo.org/poplargap.html

CafeMom Tickers

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you"

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Great Country Farm is fun too.

Quoting motamaid:

We love going to all the pick-your-own farms and things in NOVA . Mostly keep it closer to Leesburg where we live. We visit ones around Aldi, Berryville, Purcelville. Some for food, some for flowers. Many have hay rides and snacks and moon bouncy things and slides and stuff. Fun for the whole family. In the fall we love to go to Crooked Run in Purcellville and pick apples. This year we went more than once and picked almost 100 lbs. We made tons of things with them. delicious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)