Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

Has the new health care law affected you?

Posted by   + Show Post

The new health care law guarantees coverage for preventive care. Has this helped you?

by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Replies (11-20):
egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Aug. 25, 2012 at 9:10 PM
2 moms liked this
I think it's fantastic that you can't be turned down due to preexisting conditions. That never made sense to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
milmil06
by Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Idk if it's affected us at all last time my kids went to the doctor I had to pay the co pay for their well child visits :-/ I never know what's going on lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anxiousschk
by Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:21 AM

No.  However, somehow it has impacted the amount we can contribute to the flexible spending account, effectively lowering the amount we can have in there and that is matched by our employer.  Therefore we will be paying much more out of pocket next year.  

fantasticfour
by Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Preventative care should not be ABORTIONS or to allow or encourage our daughters to seek medical advice with out parent's consent!
fantasticfour
by Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:31 PM

No and it has done nothing but hurt everyone in the process.  Honestly, how has really read the laws?  Who has read what this bill has been puffed up with?  I also don't think that abortions are preventative care either.

Mount_St_Mama
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Quoting fantasticfour:

Preventative care should not be ABORTIONS or to allow or encourage our daughters to seek medical advice with out parent's consent!

But what about the moms to be whose life is at risk that doesn't have the money for the abortion? Should she be made to die because she's poor? Or how about the girl whose dad repeatedly rapes her and she gets pregnant? Where does she turn?

fantasticfour
by Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:37 AM

There is a difference between rape and using abortions for birth control.  Studies show that 98% of all abortions are conducted for PERSONAL choice, not out of necessity, rape, insest, etc.  I don't understand why this country will throw you in jail for fighting a dog, but killing a baby is legal. 

Quoting Mount_St_Mama:

Quoting fantasticfour:

But what about the moms to be whose life is at risk that doesn't have the money for the abortion? Should she be made to die because she's poor? Or how about the girl whose dad repeatedly rapes her and she gets pregnant? Where does she turn?

MyMysMommie819
by Mandy on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Exaclty same for me. lol

Quoting milmil06:

Idk if it's affected us at all last time my kids went to the doctor I had to pay the co pay for their well child visits :-/ I never know what's going on lol

Mount_St_Mama
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant it towards the part I put in red below. I will do everything in my power to make sure that my daughter knows she can come to me with anything, however I think it's important that girls know they can seek attention for things like that without their family knowing. Unfortunately, there are too many families in this country where kids are treated improperly and need the protection of their parents not finding out about stuff. 

Quoting fantasticfour:

There is a difference between rape and using abortions for birth control.  Studies show that 98% of all abortions are conducted for PERSONAL choice, not out of necessity, rape, insest, etc.  I don't understand why this country will throw you in jail for fighting a dog, but killing a baby is legal. 

Quoting Mount_St_Mama:

Quoting fantasticfour:

Rach0307
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Sure, it's affecting us in the sense that it's put more stress on our economy as a whole, thereby taking away even more jobs, taking away from necessary programs like education and adding a new tax. But on a smaller scale, the changes regarding health care in general have not affected my family at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN