Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

What's Happening Around Virginia? Week of 8/27

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 8:00 AM
  • 2 Replies

It's the last week in August and for many of us, the last week we'll have our kids home from school. So, what's on the agenda around the state? What can we do as a family and on our own to have a little down time before we dive into the fall months?

Here are a few of my picks:

• Natural Bridge Guided Walks  - have a low-key day outdoors and enjoy the fall weather and the beauty of the natural bridge with your family with these free guided tours for those who are park pass holders. This is the last weekend for the guided tours. 

US 11 & 30 , 15 Appledore Lane, Natural Bridge, VA 24578

Wild Wolf Brewing - 2461 Rockfish Valley Highway   ~  Wintergreen Winery  462

Winery Lane - both in Nellysford 22958

• 150th Anniversary of Second Manassas (Bull Run) - Virginia history is part of the curriculum in our schools, so why not expand on that with a real life demonstration by bringing your kids to this event which runs through the weekend. ((9/28-(9/2)

6511 Sudley Road, Manassas, VA 20109

• The Virginia Living Museum in Newport News has discounted admission due to the fact they were flooded out last week in the storms and had to close the lower level. But they are open for the Labor Day weekend and have several fun exhibits open to the public including their fantastic robotic roaring dinosaurs exhibit and Virginia skies planetarium show, both which close after the Labor day weekend.  

524 J. Clyde Morris Blvd, Newport News, VA 23601

Various stages, Virginia Beach Oceanfront

What are your plans for the Labor Day weekend? Will you get out an about or will you stick close to home?

Image: Raymond Truelove 

by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Xat
by Amanda on Aug. 29, 2012 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

We are going to Arcadia and camping for 4 days with my brother and his family. My kids are so excited they have been counting down the days. I just have to go buy a new tent because the zipper broke on mine the last time we went.

egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
The Bridge is beautiful. It's a nice walk to go under it and back to the Native American village and the falls.

If you've never been to the Living Museum you should go. It's fun and interesting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN