Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LPGA Event at Kingsmill in Williamsburg offers affordable family outing {and a cliffhanger ending!}

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:00 AM
  • 2 Replies

Image: iStock/[Darren Hubley]

Williamsburg was full of activity and little white balls flying through the air with hopes attached to them that weren't seen to fruition. Paul Creamer and Jiyai Shin fell into a play-off after Creamer bogeyed the 18th hole resulting in them replaying 18 over and over again and with no winner by dark. But that was just the exciting cliffhanger end to a fantastic weekend at the lovely Kings Mill golf course in Willamsburg, Virginia.

I'm not a big fan of the game, but my husband is and he and my daughter made the trip over to Kings Mill on Saturday and Sunday to walk the grounds, watch the players and enjoy the event. My daughter is only seven, so I didn't know if she would make it through an entire day of golf, but it turns out - the LPGA plans for little kids. Outside of the usual golf play, they had a bounce house, face painting and a petting zoo area! Who knew it was a well-rounded family event?! Add in the excitement of seeing pro-golfers, getting autographs from those golfers and you've got the ultimate date with mom or dad. 

My daughter had the best time (she was even on TV which I happened to get recorded, so she was stoked about that as well) and with a daily pass running around $35 and kids getting in free, this is an affordable way to enjoy something differerent with your kids - something they won't see everyday.

The LPGA will be back at Kingsmill this May, so mark your calendars! But first, tune in at 9am EST to find out if it's Creamer or Shin who takes this tournament, that's when they'll be teeing off again to try and wrap up this past weekend's tournament.

Would you attend an LPGA event with your kids? 

by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Sep. 10, 2012 at 7:36 PM

If  it was free for adults I may want to attend just to say I was there. One of my brothers would like something like this since he golfs.

I am just a miniature golfer.big smile mini

egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Sep. 10, 2012 at 7:38 PM
No we're not golf fans.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)