Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

Does class size matter?

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:00 PM
  • 8 Replies

This campaign ad talks about the differences in education policy between the candidates.  Where do you stand?  Do you think class size matters?  How important is education funding?

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Some.Beach
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Educational funding is essential. More money means more teachers which means more classrooms with fewer students per class.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Agree

Quoting Some.Beach:

Educational funding is essential. More money means more teachers which means more classrooms with fewer students per class.

Join us in the Virginia Moms group!

Mount_St_Mama
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I don't agree that more money= more teachers. More money usually equals higher pay for those who are in administration.

I do think education matters and class sizes matter. 

I think doing away with No Child Left Behind would help tremendously too.

egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Class size absolutely matters. Cutting education funding would be a HUGE mistake. If anything funding should be increased. It's sad that teachers, who don't make a lot themselves, are having to use their own personal money for supplies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Agree

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

Class size absolutely matters. Cutting education funding would be a HUGE mistake. If anything funding should be increased. It's sad that teachers, who don't make a lot themselves, are having to use their own personal money for supplies.

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

BeachMama05
by Jamie on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I also agree 

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Agree

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

Mom2Just1
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Of course it matters.  We go to a school where the average class is 18 kids/2 teachers.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Xat
by Amanda on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:32 AM

Yes it matters. Some of the teachers are over whelmed with the number of students in the class. They are unable to help each child individually because they are so outnumbered. My dd's school just hired a new kindergarten teacher because the two that they had, had almost  40 kids per classroom and they only have one teacher's aid that has to help out in both classrooms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)