Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

Tooth Fairy!

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 8:23 AM
  • 20 Replies

My 7 year old lost his very first tooth last night. We were very excited for him but he was very upset and almost in tears.

We explained to him about how the tooth fairy works and it cheered him up. My dh and I were at a crossroads about how much she normally leaves for the first baby tooth.

When he was little he only received $1 for his teeth and it was always in change. With my first tooth I received a ziploc bag full of change it was about $7 worth and it meant so much to me that I kept it for a long time.

So my dh only wanted to leave $1 but I wanted to leave $5 because it was the very first tooth and it should be something that he always remembers. We ended up leaving $5 but my dh pouted most of the night saying it wasn't fair that he never got that much lol. I told him to call and fuss at his mommy (he was just playing around).

So I'm curious how much does the tooth fairy normally leave, for the first baby tooth, at your house?

Join us in the Virginia Moms group!

by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:13 AM

I don't know, we haven't crossed that bridge yet. My oldest is only 4 1/2 so she has yet to loose any of her teeth. She does know how the tooth fairy works but hubby and I haven't decided how much to leave yet..

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Oh and my mom just told me that I got about 50 cents for my teeth.

Mena929
by Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:17 AM
$10 for the first tooth then $5 for the rest
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Xat
by Amanda on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:18 AM

His tooth wasn't loose or anything. He was eating his apple and it just popped out.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

I don't know, we haven't crossed that bridge yet. My oldest is only 4 1/2 so she has yet to loose any of her teeth. She does know how the tooth fairy works but hubby and I haven't decided how much to leave yet..

Xat
by Amanda on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:23 AM

My dh thought I was crazy for wanting to leave $5 but I think it should be special. Plus you can't really get anything for $1 anymore.

Quoting Mena929:

$10 for the first tooth then $5 for the rest

BeachMama05
by Jamie on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Very first tooth I did 2$ and a matchbox car, after that we just leave 2$

and with DD I will leave 2$ and a small toy when that time comes for her first

Xat
by Amanda on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:34 AM

That's a very cute idea.

Quoting BeachMama05:

BeachMama05
by Jamie on Sep. 15, 2012 at 12:10 PM

omg one time I forgot to put the money under his pillow and he was so upset lol I snuck in to help him find it  I huess he got "tricked" it was "in his pillow case" lmao 

Quoting Xat:

That's a very cute idea.

Quoting BeachMama05:

Xat
by Amanda on Sep. 15, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I was so afraid he was going to wake up while I was trying to get the tooth out from under the pillow. My dh said that if he woke up we should act like we saw her in there and was trying to catch her lol.

Quoting BeachMama05:

omg one time I forgot to put the money under his pillow and he was so upset lol I snuck in to help him find it  I huess he got "tricked" it was "in his pillow case" lmao 

Quoting Xat:

That's a very cute idea.

Quoting BeachMama05:

HistoryMamaX3
by Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 12:36 PM
We normally only leave a dollar, but once my daughter accidently swallowed hers and she was so upset that there wasn't anything to put under the pillow. We had her write a letter explaining what happened, and the tooth fairy left $5 for "pain and suffering."

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN