Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do...

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:47 PM
  • 5 Replies

With no husband for a week?  He has left me to go to the beach with his family...something we do every September but this year my boy started school and I dont want him to miss a week of school.

We are watching movies and eating popcorn, which is probably want we are gonna do everyday till he gets back. I am super jealous though, I want to be lazy on a beach.

by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
HistoryMamaX3
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Your son just started school... as in, he is in Kindergarten?

Missing a few days in the very beginning of the school year isn't going to hurt him- in fact, the family memories and the great times that you will have with the extended family will probably mean more later on in life than the school routine that he will continue to have for the next 9 months of his life.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Sep. 16, 2012 at 10:33 AM

maybe next year you can change it so you can enjoy the family time at the beach before school starts... after this week you will be bored of popcornwink mini

rishsticks
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Add in pizza and you've got a party!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicki1018
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Yeah but he will be missing all week next week to go out of town.  My husband says the same thing, but I'm the worrier mom when it comes to learning.

Quoting HistoryMamaX3:

Your son just started school... as in, he is in Kindergarten?

Missing a few days in the very beginning of the school year isn't going to hurt him- in fact, the family memories and the great times that you will have with the extended family will probably mean more later on in life than the school routine that he will continue to have for the next 9 months of his life.

egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Sep. 16, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Aww sorry you guys are missing out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)