Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

Am I a Moocher?

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 11:47 PM
  • 14 Replies

Am I a Moocher?

“All right, there are 47 percent who are with him [President Obama], who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it… My job is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.”

Mitt Romney’s 47% remarks whether eloquent or not directly insulted millions of hard-working Americans. Romney likened nearly half of the country to needy freeloading moochers.  These hard-working Americans are not victims and work hard to support themselves and their families… Is it wrong to think that a more developed country should be able to protect and provide for its citizens? We think not! Take our pledge today because the President of the United States of America should want to help ALL Americans.

Am I a moocher?

I think education is a right.  If I lose my job, I don’t want to go hungry.  I think those who risk their lives for this country deserve to be taken care of.

I think Social Security isn’t an entitlement program, it is an insurance program.

I think that one of the richest nations in the world should be able to provide for the needs of its citizens.

I don’t think seniors should have to work into their 70s, 80s, and 90s to afford to buy medicine.

Am I a moocher because I think that someone running to be President of the United States of America should want to help ALL Americans?

If that makes me a moocher, according to Mitt Romney, thenthat’s fine with me.

http://www.joinchangenation.org/actions/act/am-i-a-mooch

by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Sep. 23, 2012 at 10:51 AM

pebbles98
by Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:38 PM

People tend to forget that not everything is black and white. I know 2 men who recently retired from the military, both are still young, both are totally healthy, 1 of them is insanely intelligent. The 1 who is less intelligent refuses to work. He makes his new wife do it while roams around the projects flirting with other women while the kids are at school. The intelligent one, worked for 6 months and decided working wasn't for him. Now he's complaining about his food stamps being taken away for 3 months and he lives with his sister. People like them who are still able to work, to provide for themselves, to contribute but choose not to.... yes, they are moochers. Would be different if they were injured, suffering from PTSD, or something of that sort but that's not the situation. They both have said they've done their part by serving in the military and from here on out they plan on coasting. Pisses me off because they are taking away benefits from those who actually need it.

I know a woman who has 6 kids, all 2 years apart and she "jokes" is so she can keep the benefits coming in (TANF imparticularly). Wouldn't be so bad if she were at least a good mom but her kids are a bunch of rowdy ass Bebes Kids. She packs out her tons of groceries that she paid for with food stamps and WIC cards then places it all into her fancy, new, high dollar truck with 30 day tags. Moocher? She's something alright.

My ex's cousin is jumping for joy for suckering his Dr into labeling the boy "disabled" because after filing paperwork a few times and going to court once, he now recieves what he lovingly calls his "crazy check". Said he told his Dr his fear of dying rendered him helpless and home bound. Yet I see the fool out all the time. Odd how he went from never having a job to never having to get one.... just like he always wanted. Imo, that donkey is a mooch.

There needs to be a way to thin out the moochers from non-moochers.

That's my rant for the day  :D

BeachMama05
by Jamie on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I agree with that! 

Quoting pebbles98:

People tend to forget that not everything is black and white. I know 2 men who recently retired from the military, both are still young, both are totally healthy, 1 of them is insanely intelligent. The 1 who is less intelligent refuses to work. He makes his new wife do it while roams around the projects flirting with other women while the kids are at school. The intelligent one, worked for 6 months and decided working wasn't for him. Now he's complaining about his food stamps being taken away for 3 months and he lives with his sister. People like them who are still able to work, to provide for themselves, to contribute but choose not to.... yes, they are moochers. Would be different if they were injured, suffering from PTSD, or something of that sort but that's not the situation. They both have said they've done their part by serving in the military and from here on out they plan on coasting. Pisses me off because they are taking away benefits from those who actually need it.

I know a woman who has 6 kids, all 2 years apart and she "jokes" is so she can keep the benefits coming in (TANF imparticularly). Wouldn't be so bad if she were at least a good mom but her kids are a bunch of rowdy ass Bebes Kids. She packs out her tons of groceries that she paid for with food stamps and WIC cards then places it all into her fancy, new, high dollar truck with 30 day tags. Moocher? She's something alright.

My ex's cousin is jumping for joy for suckering his Dr into labeling the boy "disabled" because after filing paperwork a few times and going to court once, he now recieves what he lovingly calls his "crazy check". Said he told his Dr his fear of dying rendered him helpless and home bound. Yet I see the fool out all the time. Odd how he went from never having a job to never having to get one.... just like he always wanted. Imo, that donkey is a mooch.

There needs to be a way to thin out the moochers from non-moochers.

That's my rant for the day  :D

egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Romney's words are going to bite him in the butt. Are there people who abuse the system? Absolutely. But there are a lot more people who truly need the help. It's incredibly unfair to lump older Americans, disabled Americans and people who work their butts off but still struggle to make ends meet in with those who do abuse it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:28 PM

clapping

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

Romney's words are going to bite him in the butt. Are there people who abuse the system? Absolutely. But there are a lot more people who truly need the help. It's incredibly unfair to lump older Americans, disabled Americans and people who work their butts off but still struggle to make ends meet in with those who do abuse it.

Join us in the Virginia Moms group!

pebbles98
by Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I totally agree. We need a system that weeds out the abusers from the non-abusers. Until that happens all a person can do is complain about those who abuse and feel horrible for those who deserve but don't recieve.

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:59 AM

This.

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

dfollin
by Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Ok,I'll start from 1985 when someone broke in my apartment and attacked me,which has left me partly handicapped.But,I cannot find a job that I am able to do with those handicaps.In 1997 I married a man that had already been working as a plumber for over 20 years and giving to social security and taxes out of his paycheck,which is required by law.After we were married for 5 years he was diagnosed with cancer.He started getting weaker to the point he could not work,a lot of times he even needed my help standing.If I COULD find a job I could do on the average then they would only pay me about $10 an hour.We couldn't even make the rent with that and I would have to pay for day care for our daughter too.So,we got evicted.....put most of our personal stuff and boxed items in storage and slept here and there.My husband applied for disability and was told that he could find some job somewhere that he could do! Yet,we met a couple of people that were getting disability (from there first application) that got it because they had partied too much and burnt their brains,so couldn't find a job! But,my husband at this time had worked HARD all his life and paid into SS couldn't get disability! When he was getting ready to apply for the third time in November 2004 he was told because it was the third time he had to hire a lawyer or he would not be allowed to apply.So,he signed papers to a lawyer (who we had never personally met)and in early December he ended up in the hospital again with his gall bladder no longer working.After a couple of days he was put into ICU because his blood pressure had dropped real low and his kidneys were starting to fail.Then his lungs were failing and he was on a resperator.Then his liver shut down and the dialysis did not help his kidney's,they were gone too.Then he started have internal bleeding in his pancreaus.I called SS and asked them to reconsider and was told that he wasn't dying,that he'd be back to work next week! I told them,come look at him and I was told,we don't do that.I called the lawyers office and was told that they had sent a letter to SS asking them to reconsider.....Ha,I could of done that! 5 days later he died and I called social services to tell them so they would not end up over charging for the hospital stay 2 hours later.And the worker said to me,"I'm sorry to hear that,but your temporary medicade has ended,now that your husband doesn't need it anymore.Your daughter can keep hers because her father is dead,so tomorrow you need to go out and find a job."I told her,"No tomorrow I am planning a funeral." She responded by telling me that me finding a job was more important.My daughter continued with medicade for a year then they keep losing the paperwork and she did get it once again (another year)after I was reported for child neglect because my daughter had a cavity!So,a job that I can do,child care,I can't do for 2 more years,a total of 3 years!After he died,they went to court(I didn't even know it was happening) and the judge said that my husband should of been given the disbility the very first time.So,I got some of the back money after the lawyers took their part and it took all the way till late April 2005. I had to pay back money that I had borrowed and owed.Got rooms for us to rent in a house.Then that money was gone.Each month my daughter and I get some money from SS as survivors benefits and he** no I do not feel bad about taking it.It is money that my husband earned thru the years and the last 13 months of his life,living basically homeless and he worried that he would be leaving his wife and daughter with nothing!i was doing child care before now the child in in elementary school.And I cannot find work.I was in a spot where I have already been reported for child neglect because my dd had a cavity,lol and I was going to get reported again because where we were staying she did not have a room of her own.So,we moved into the only place I could find....renting 2 rooms in a house.So,because of the cost of that we are very low on food and will be for a few more weeks.And I cannot afford to pay the clinic to get my high blood pressure meds.I was born in this country,part native american,my husband worked hard for his money and I cannot get assistance,yet a social worker showed me(in writing) where there is a fund for illegals! So,if Romney or anyone else wants to call me a moocher,go right ahead! Romney is just afraid that he may have to give up some of that money that he has hidden away in those accounts in other countries!
dfollin
by Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Quoting virginiamama71:

LOL! Love it!
myheartbeat
by New Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:33 AM

This country is giving away Billions of dollars to other countries. We do not need to cut the programs that help our poor.  Our country will be distroyed if Romney is in charge.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN