Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

Why should I vote for your candidate? How do you decide?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 8:14 AM
  • 89 Replies

I'm still unsure about who to vote for in the coming election. With only 39 days left, I really need to decide soon.

How do you decide who to vote for? Why should I vote for your candidate? 

by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Sep. 28, 2012 at 8:58 AM
6 moms liked this

I looked at a completely unbiased comparison of Obama and Romney

http://www.knowmycandidate.org/catalog/product_compare/index/  here is one to look at, I hope the link works.

Although I do not agree with them both 100% there are a lot of things that I disagree with Romney on.  Obama is my best fit.  Plus, I think he's done a great job so far and I'd love to see what can be accomplished in the next 4 years.

Plus Samuel L. Jackson is a supporter, lol

This video is NOT language appropriate and should not be watched around children or at work :-)

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Sep. 28, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I have always agreed with most issues from the Dems and have always voted for this party. 

mickstinator
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I knew pretty early on who I was going to vote for, but I tried to hold out for a while until I was just trying to convince myself that I was undecided. 

Honestly, I have a hard time understanding how a reasonable person can vote for the other guy. I know that is a ridiculous way to think, but I am like, 95% in agreement with one candidate and 75% disagreement with the other. It's VERY clear to me who I prefer.

slashteddy
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:23 AM
2 moms liked this

Hey there. :D I'm not in this group, but it was on the front page and I clicked on it before I realized. BUT if you're having trouble deciding on a candidate, you should try this quiz thingy! It's un-biased, it doesn't lean towards any particular candidate, it's free, etc. You basically just answer questions on issues with how you personally feel they should be handled, and then it will tell you in percentages how you match up with every candidate; when you're done you can also compare your responses to the candidates', the candidates to each other, and even your friends' responses if you decide to share the link. :)

kanake
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I found it on the front page as well. I'm going to try your link, I think it sounds like a good idea.

Quoting slashteddy:

Hey there. :D I'm not in this group, but it was on the front page and I clicked on it before I realized. BUT if you're having trouble deciding on a candidate, you should try this quiz thingy! It's un-biased, it doesn't lean towards any particular candidate, it's free, etc. You basically just answer questions on issues with how you personally feel they should be handled, and then it will tell you in percentages how you match up with every candidate; when you're done you can also compare your responses to the candidates', the candidates to each other, and even your friends' responses if you decide to share the link. :)

Threes.Company
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 11:52 AM

I am having a really hard time this time.  Normally I know before a candidate is officially accepted at the national conventions.  This time, I have no idea.  I am not fully happy with either main candidate.  I'm still deciding...

MomTiara19
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 1:01 PM
3 moms liked this

Hi,

I decided to vote for Obama for the second term.

Obama inherited one of the biggest deficits in history and managed to save alot of jobs.For those that lost their jobs kept in place assistance.

In moving forward I believe in his plan for creating new green jobs,investing in big companies,keeping Americans employed,and taxing the rich fairly.His belief to strengthen the middle class base in building the economy.

I feel that Romneys policies will take us from an already recession into a depression.He believes in small government. I believe that assistance should be mandated by the government not individual states.I dont see how investing government into small companies would create jobs.

If each state created their own policies in dealing with assistance like health care,food stamps,and unemployment...there will be many variables in play which may not be beneficial.If I lose my job and my state doesn't help enough with assistance....do I pick up and move to another....with no money to even move??

I do not believe the government should invest in small entrepreneurial companies that cant hire alot of people and could fail before it even takes off.This should be more of a state assistance.

I also dont see how giving the rich more of a tax break than the poor and the middle class help the economy.To me this only benefits the rich.

Lastly Romneys comment about the %47 percent of people being those people or moochers didnt sit well with me.He doesnt seem like he would be a president for all Americans.

My vote is for Obama

~Tia

on_the_beach
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Thanks. Apparently I agree with someone I don't even know, lol. It said Gary Johnson. I've seen his name here and there but know next to nothing about him.

Quoting slashteddy:

Mandi1215
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

The important reasons why I am voting for Romney is because I think the economy is the most important issue.  Obama, hasn't a clue on what to do for us.  He was inexperienced going into office and still four years later has no clue.  Romney is a businessman that has become successful building his businesses.  He knows how to create jobs and keep businesses striving.  Obama lacks that.

Also I don't feel Obama is handling National Security wisely. 

annelauer
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 3:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Mandi1215:

The important reasons why I am voting for Romney is because I think the economy is the most important issue.  Obama, hasn't a clue on what to do for us.  He was inexperienced going into office and still four years later has no clue.  Romney is a businessman that has become successful building his businesses.  He knows how to create jobs and keep businesses striving.  Obama lacks that.

Also I don't feel Obama is handling National Security wisely. 

Yes.  Sending jobs overseas and ensuring that the rich don't have to pay taxes will certainly help our economy.  So will gutting Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security and getting rid of the Department of Education.

And vague statements about national security are certainly helpful to undecided voters.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN