Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

My mil is not taking this very well. A little history, she is an only child, and her son (my dh) is her only child. Anyway, on her side there is Gma, Gpa, her, FIL, and Dh. Today she told me that she has only gotten to be a gma for four years (that is how old my son is.) and that half of her family is leaving. That there is no point it celabrating any more holidays and that she is upset b/c she will never see us again. I don't have a question I am just ranting. lol. Sorry, I understand that she is sad, but, and I don't mean to come across as cold, she has had a half a year to get use to the idea and she is treating us like we are dying. I told her we already have a plan to save so we can come back atleast twice a year, and she can do the same. She told DH we will be lucky if they EVER come out. I told him well that is her lose. She is only punishing herself. AAHH! I could just scream. Sorry girls I just had to get it out. lol. Thanks for listening.

in love  toddler boy  toddler girl baby boy

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Replies (11-14):
Xat
by Amanda on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:38 PM
My mom got upset when we moved across the state but after some time she was okay. Try to give her some more time hopefully she will understand. Good luck with the move.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyMysMommie819
by Mandy on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not married so I don't have a MIL. My dad and my daughter are really close so I'm sure he'd be the same way if I were to ever move away but sometimes you got to do what you have to do and it'll all work out. =0)

Reina13
by Reina on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Family dynamics can be so hard. 

I hope you are able to visit with her after you move. I also hope she embraces the opportunity to travel and visit you as well.

alexsmomma06
by New Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:10 AM

SO's grandmother is the same way and we only moved 2.5hrs away. He did live 1 mile from them and because of a job we had to move; still in VA just farther north. She would cry every time the move was mentioned and begged SO to turn the job down(a job he had gone to college and gotten a degree for) and just work at wal mart and something. It's been a year and she still belly aches about being so far away.

You have to do what is best for your family and not worry about the rest. If she refuses to come and see you all that is her loss and no one's fault but her own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN