Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

Romney in VA talks foreign policy - do those issues sway your vote?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:00 AM
  • 6 Replies

Romney was in Virginia ... again. This time at VMI, one of our revered military institutes discussing his perspective on foreign policy and his take on the direction we should take when it comes to the Middle East. Romeny believes that we should be more aggressive and is noted as putting the President in a bad light when discussing his relations with other countries. 

With the President looking to withdraw troops sooner rather than later, it's interesting to hear Romney's take on the subject so we can hopefully get a sense of the direction our country might turn if we decide that Obama is a one-term President.

Here's the thing...Romney doesn't have a clear-cut plan. He talks a big game and certainly claims to have big plans that are better and more productive than our current President, and while the fearful American in me wants to run to that hope of different and potentially better - I'm not sold just yet.  

Then I look at what our current President represents and how hard he's worked to take what he inherited to make it better. It's not to say he won't leave things for other Presidents to inherit as well as our children, but I don't believe he is solely responsible either. 

While I may not agree with many things on either candidate's platform -  there are a few key things I think about and they include:

• To what degree will the United States be involved in the continued unrest in the Middle East?
  • How will you help build up our education system (without testing as the only way to teach) so we can be a competitor within the world? 
  • How will you work to create more jobs within our country versus doling them out to other countries?

What are your biggest worries or concerns at this point in the election process?

Image via iStock [Teodor Todorov]

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:41 AM

As I mentioned before i don't know a whole lot on this particular subject.

I do not think a more aggressive approach is what is needed.  I am pro-peace, or as close to being peaceful as possible.  

mom2jessnky
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM

I don't know a lot on the subject of foreign policy, but I'm very against shooting first and asking questions later.

mom_to_travis
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Be more aggressive.  That's pretty much the extent of his foreign policy "plan".  The rest is just a bunch of attacks on Obama with nothing but vagueness to back it up.  It's amazing to me that he would stand up and give a speech on his foreign policy plan and then offer no specifics whatsoever.  Just another case of him wanting the American public to "just trust me".  NO THANK YOU.  

His presidency would result in increased involvement in the middle east, a more aggressive approach to foreign policy in general (this means more wars), he has no regard for our education system and only wants to slash education funding in order to pay for the wars he wants to start.  And he thinks that when the rich get richer but the poor get poorer, that's when the rich create more jobs.  I learned about supply and demand in grade school.  When the middle class can't afford to buy stuff, the rich quit making stuff, which means they aren't creating more jobs.   These are all big worries and concerns of mine regarding mitt romney.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:17 PM

this

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I don't know a lot on the subject of foreign policy, but I'm very against shooting first and asking questions later.

Join us in the Virginia Moms group!

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:18 PM

clapping

Quoting mom_to_travis:

Be more aggressive.  That's pretty much the extent of his foreign policy "plan".  The rest is just a bunch of attacks on Obama with nothing but vagueness to back it up.  It's amazing to me that he would stand up and give a speech on his foreign policy plan and then offer no specifics whatsoever.  Just another case of him wanting the American public to "just trust me".  NO THANK YOU.  

His presidency would result in increased involvement in the middle east, a more aggressive approach to foreign policy in general (this means more wars), he has no regard for our education system and only wants to slash education funding in order to pay for the wars he wants to start.  And he thinks that when the rich get richer but the poor get poorer, that's when the rich create more jobs.  I learned about supply and demand in grade school.  When the middle class can't afford to buy stuff, the rich quit making stuff, which means they aren't creating more jobs.   These are all big worries and concerns of mine regarding mitt romney.

Join us in the Virginia Moms group!

LancesMom
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:13 AM

My biggest concerns right now are at home, not on foreign policy. We need to fix us first.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN