Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

Spiritual Leader Dalai Lama to Visit William & Mary on Wednesday in Williamsburg {Live Stream of Lecture Available!}

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:30 AM
  • 3 Replies

The Dalai Lama is making a stop at the College of William and Mary on Wednesday to speak, and I don't know about you, but I really wish I would have known he was coming before now. Unfortunately, the event has been long since sold out of tickets - they expect thousands to attend, which isn't surprising. 

This is a man who speaks on peace, empathy for others and inter-religious understanding. He does so without charging a fee and in an effort to help others be the best versions of themselves so the world can be a better place. I personally am not of one specific faith but I am a spiritual person and I find those who look to a life of peace and tranquility, inspiring. Hearing the Dalai Lama speak would have been a great highlight. 

What I'm excited about is, the College of WIlliam and Mary is offering a live stream of the event! We can all watch the Dalai Lama speak for free at 2pm tomorrow (Wed, 10th of October) as he addresses everyone in Williamsburg. So, I think I'll get the next best thing to attending his event in person and watch the live stream. 

Would you have liked to attend the Dalai Lama's lecture? Are you considering watching the live stream tomorrow? 

Image via iStock [Sava Alexandru]

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Yes I would love to hear him speak. I am at work at 2, and will try to listen in.

thanks for posting. 

luckymomof6
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I know many people,that are attending. It is going to be a very exciting event for all that are touched by the Dalai Lamas message.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:22 PM

A very inspiring man.

We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.
-Dalai Lama 

Quoting luckymomof6:

I know many people,that are attending. It is going to be a very exciting event for all that are touched by the Dalai Lamas message.

Join us in the Virginia Moms group!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN