Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Go Apple Picking, Corn Maze exploring & Pumpkin Patch visiting this Weekend!

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:00 PM
  • 8 Replies

I love the fall, especially here in the northeast where the leaves are beginning to turn colors, the air is crisp and I can throw on scarves, boots and hats to change up the flip-flop look I've been sporting for months. I also love that all over the state, they're hosting various apple picking opportunities, corn maze exploring events and pumpkin patches are popping up everywhere! It's truly the perfect time to get outdoors. 

So where are these apple orchards, corn mazes, hayrides and pumpkin patches that I speak of? Well, I happened to stumble across a couple of resources for you. 

There are apple orchards listed in 6 different locations offering picking right now - two of which are in Markham, VA. Make sure to call ahead before you make your drive out to ensure there are still apples to be plucked off the trees! 

Looking for some great pumpking patches, hay rides and more? Here's a listing of several in the Northern Virginia area.  Make sure to bring your camera - you'll no doubt have some great photos from this trip out with the family!

I found this really cool interactive map to help you find a local corn maze in your area. You just click on the one closest to your area and it pops up a bubble with a website and/or address for the farm where the maze is located. It's the perfect time of year to go and get lost with your family in this adventurous outdoor activity. 

What are your favorite fall family activities here in VA? 

image via iStock [Jennifer Conner]

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:50 PM
Tfs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBoyK
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:00 PM
TfS!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMama05
by Jamie on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Thanks! 

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Thanks for posting. 

babyspots17
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:00 PM
We went to High Hillfarms today it was a really great place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Thanks

punky3175
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:04 PM
I went to Belvedere plantation for their fall Fest a few weeks ago for a date (no kids) and had a great time. Weekend after next I think I'm going to drive up to Skyline Drive with the kids to look at leaves and have a picnic. And take lots of pictures.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Xat
by Amanda on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:18 PM
We went to layman's family farm the other week. My kids loved it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)