Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

Comcast ugh....

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:46 AM
  • 23 Replies

We moved back in Aug and went from Cox to Comcast.  I am going out of my mind with how slow the Internet is, I have to switch to my 3g on my phone or the tv keeps skipping and stopping.  Does anyone have Comcast and have the same issues.  When I'm on the laptop, my Internet has to be rebooted several times a day UGH fml lol.

I'm thinking about calling and just switiching to dish :/

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saqmdb
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:48 AM

I didn't even know they had Comcast here.  We had Verizon Fios first and my dh had a lot of trouble with customer service, so he cancelled and we switched to Cox. 

Rach0307
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:55 AM
We don't even have cable. We have Netflix and DSL internet, and compared to my aunt's cable internet, it's way faster and dirt cheap. I will never give my money to any of those con artists, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DvlDogWfe
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I had such crappy service from Comcast, we disconntected and just go with the Netelos Mifi. It's not the best either, but it's better than dealing with comcast and all their empy promises and lies.

nicki1018
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I'll have to look into it.

Quoting DvlDogWfe:

I had such crappy service from Comcast, we disconntected and just go with the Netelos Mifi. It's not the best either, but it's better than dealing with comcast and all their empy promises and lies.

on_the_beach
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Ugh, comcast is horrible, lol. 

nicki1018
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:51 PM

They do here in Fredericksburg or at least in my part

Quoting saqmdb:

I didn't even know they had Comcast here.  We had Verizon Fios first and my dh had a lot of trouble with customer service, so he cancelled and we switched to Cox. 

MamarazziTo2
by Kendra on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:17 PM

I hate Comcast. It's SO SLOOOWWWW! We only have internet through them, but have had their cable before. We used to have Verizon FIOS at our apt (we live in a house now) and it was SO much faster! I really miss it!

egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:51 PM
We hated Comcast and their customer service here was so rude!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:05 AM

We refuse to use comcast for cable, absolutely nothing but constant calls to customer service b/c of constant problems with that; unfortunately we can't get Verizon internet where we are, so we have to have them for that, luckily that hasn't been to bad ... knock on wood!  Our land line phone is also with them - had a bundle package with them at one time & just kept the phone & internet when we dropped the cable & went back to directv .... much prefec directv anyday over comcast cable.  We will try verizon internet if it ever makes it to us, but we keep getting conflicting reports about it ... some love it, others hate it! 

childofgod04
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:04 PM

We have Comcast for just internet and it's not too bad. We haven't had any problems with the internet. However, we had Comcast cable tv and it was absolutely horrible where we are. We switched to DirecTV and have had no problems other than when it storms really bad. But that is normal.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)