Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

We moved back in Aug and went from Cox to Comcast.  I am going out of my mind with how slow the Internet is, I have to switch to my 3g on my phone or the tv keeps skipping and stopping.  Does anyone have Comcast and have the same issues.  When I'm on the laptop, my Internet has to be rebooted several times a day UGH fml lol.

I'm thinking about calling and just switiching to dish :/

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Replies (21-23):
nova.mommy
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:32 AM

We have FiOS and love it.  We have never had a problem with their customer service, if you mean the wait, you need to wait most of the time you call anyone.  The tech's were always great! 

My brother and SIL live in Maryland, they had Comcast and had problems and/or it got so expesive that they switched to FiOS.

Is FiOS offered in your area?  If so give it a try.  

Quoting saqmdb:

I didn't even know they had Comcast here.  We had Verizon Fios first and my dh had a lot of trouble with customer service, so he cancelled and we switched to Cox. 

saqmdb
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:39 AM

We did have Fios, but when I signed up the lady told me we would be paying 99/month plus taxes.  The bill ended up being 150/month which was more than what I was told when I signed up.  So after that and the problems with customer service, we just competely cancelled everything and switched to Cox. 

Quoting nova.mommy:

We have FiOS and love it.  We have nver had a problem with their customer service.  

My brother and SIL live in Maryland, they had Comcast and had problems and/or it got so expesive that they switched to FiOS.

Quoting saqmdb:

I didn't even know they had Comcast here.  We had Verizon Fios first and my dh had a lot of trouble with customer service, so he cancelled and we switched to Cox. 

nova.mommy
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Cox kept raising the price on every few months.  And when we tried to talk to customer service about it evryone(and I mean everyone)gave us a different reason for the increase.  Some said to upgrade service, some said to keep the same service, some said to upkeep the wires they already had, etc.

We are on the edge of your development and where we would need to but a dish(even if we wanted one) there are tall trees that would block the signal.  We were so glad when FiOS came because Cox had competition.  Many people left Cox and have not gone back.

Quoting saqmdb:

We did have Fios, but when I signed up the lady told me we would be paying 99/month plus taxes.  The bill ended up being 150/month which was more than what I was told when I signed up.  So after that and the problems with customer service, we just competely cancelled everything and switched to Cox. 

Quoting nova.mommy:

We have FiOS and love it.  We have nver had a problem with their customer service.  

Quoting saqmdb:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)