Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friends and politics

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:55 PM
  • 23 Replies

Do you discuss politics with your friends? Do you see a lot of political stuff on other sites, like Facebook?

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nicki1018
by Nicki on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I see it all over Facebook.  I don't have many friends so not really. My husband is very political so we talk about it a lot.

egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:51 PM
It's all over FB.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:47 PM

A few of us talk about it at work, but mostly I talk about politics with my brothers. And sometimes read/get into discussions on FB.

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Very little.  One friend & I were just talking about it Wednesday a little and enjoying the fact that we could disagree somewhat and it not bother us one little bit.  But for the most part, I don't like to discuss politics with very many people.  As for FB, I prefer not to discuss it on there ... with anyone. 

mom2jessnky
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I do not discuss politics with friends. A LOT of people are posting political crap all over FB, I've hidden the offenders from my newsfeed until after the election (some possibly longer...) not interested, no thank you.

mom_to_travis
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:24 PM

No, that's why I discuss it here! LOL

I used to discuss politics on FB but I really just want FB to be my "happy place", so I stopped.  What I have noticed and find ironic, is that the friends that complain about all the political postings on FB are the same ones who then continue to sneak in their own opinions (in not so nice ways).  I feel like saying, "So really what you meant was you just don't want to see political posts unless you agree with them!" 

I discuss politics a lot with my mom and my husband, and a very few other close friends and relatives.   Other than that, I think it's best to talk about sports, the weather, or Survivor.  ;-)

mom_to_travis
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I've had to hide a few too, and it's funny....I don't miss them.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I do not discuss politics with friends. A LOT of people are posting political crap all over FB, I've hidden the offenders from my newsfeed until after the election (some possibly longer...) not interested, no thank you.

arpazia
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Not on fb. With the family yes... But we are all on Obama's side so it doesn't get ugly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arpazia
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM
I did have a "friend" unfriend me because I don't support Romney.
I wasn't rude about it or anything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Xat
by Amanda on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I see it all over facebook but the majority of the people I know don't talk about politics.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)