The sister of a girl that my DD was in kindergarten with and is in her Daisy Troop was burned.
Lorton Girl, 7, Burned by Gasoline Fire, Medevaced to Burn Center
Victim's injuries "life-threatening," according to Fairfax County Fire and Rescue.
A 7-year-old Lorton girl received life-threatening injuries Saturday afternoon when she was burned in a gasoline fire in the garage of her family's home, according to Captain William Moreland of Fairfax County Fire and Rescue.
The emergency call to 911 came at approximately 5 p.m. Saturday, Moreland said.
Due to her injuries, the child was medevaced by a Fairfax County medical helicopter from her home on the 10000 block of Old Colchester Road to the Burn Center at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, according to Moreland.
Moreland said he did not yet know exactly how the incident occurred. "I don't have all the details on that, to the actual action itself," he said.
Patch will update the story as more information becomes available.