Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

Hand Made Holidays?

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:53 AM
  • 14 Replies

How do you feel about HandMade gifts?

I'm asking because I just had some items in an online acution that lasted 3 days and I didn't get a single bid.  Sure, I'm disappointed, after all, I do have bills to pay.

But I think it's partially because people aren't that big on buying handmade for gifts.  

So, do you buy handmade items or do you go to the store for gifts?

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HistoryMamaX3
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I make gifts every year- I don't know if I would ever buy someone else's handmade stuff to give... with pinterest and etsy, if you see something you like or think someone else would like- it is just too easy to recreate it yourself!

Sorry that you haven't made any sales. :-(

Have you tried etsy? It's super easy and have so much potential for someone willing to put forth the right effort.

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:05 AM

The fees are what keep me from etsy.  Maybe one day but I'm just finishing up my first year with my crochet stuff.

Quoting HistoryMamaX3:

I make gifts every year- I don't know if I would ever buy someone else's handmade stuff to give... with pinterest and etsy, if you see something you like or think someone else would like- it is just too easy to recreate it yourself!

Sorry that you haven't made any sales. :-(

Have you tried etsy? It's super easy and have so much potential for someone willing to put forth the right effort.

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

Xat
by Amanda on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:48 AM

My kids like to make gifts for people but we don't buy a whole lot of handmade gifts online.

rishsticks
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I prefer it. I really hate the Hallmarkization of Christmas so handmade gifts are my gift of choice. I am conserving as much money as I can right now. I am sorry about your auctions :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:58 AM

No worries.  Just trying to pay my credit card bill, lol!

I'm use to it, I rarely do well in auctions.

Quoting rishsticks:

I prefer it. I really hate the Hallmarkization of Christmas so handmade gifts are my gift of choice. I am conserving as much money as I can right now. I am sorry about your auctions :(

rishsticks
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe it's FaceBook I don't see half the posts from anyone on my fb page anymore.

Quoting SabrinaLC:

No worries.  Just trying to pay my credit card bill, lol!

I'm use to it, I rarely do well in auctions.

Quoting rishsticks:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Jenn
by Head Admin on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I love homemade stuff and usually prefer that over store bought stuff.

What do you make? I'm pretty sure you've mentioned it before but forget :(

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I like homemade stuff.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Where do I see the stuff you make? 

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:10 PM

::sigh:: Facebook...

I know, I know... not the best place to be selling :'(

I'm REALLY hoping to get storenvy figured out until I can afford the etsy fees

Quoting virginiamama71:

Where do I see the stuff you make? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)