Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My poor son can't get a break.

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:14 PM
  • 13 Replies

My son is 7 and has a long list of health problems and the doctors keep adding more. For several months he has had really bad stomach pains the doctor said it was the nervous around his stomach that was causing the pain and that it is very common in children with autism.

Well the school keeps calling me to pick him up because his stomach pains are getting worse and he can't function in class. So I made another appointment for him to go back to his doctor and now we are being told along with the nerves around his stomach but he also has irritable bowel syndrome.

There are a few things we can do to try to help it but not much. So he still has to deal with the pain and there is still nothing we can do when he is in pain.

I feel so bad for him and everything seems to be so hard for him. I wish he could just catch a break for once.

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:16 PM

hugsto your son

Xat
by Amanda on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Thank you!

Quoting virginiamama71:

hugsto your son

bunnywzrd
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Big hugs for your son and for you.

Xat
by Amanda on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Thank you!

Quoting bunnywzrd:

Big hugs for your son and for you.

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Poor guy!

Have you considered a diet change?  That could help with the IBS

Xat
by Amanda on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:34 PM

We tried when he first started having stomach problems but nothing seems to work. We are going to try giving him some citracel everyday and see if it helps any.

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Poor guy!

Have you considered a diet change?  That could help with the IBS

MyMysMommie819
by Mandy on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Aww, I'm sorry!! I hope you guys can find some relief for him and some answers soon!!! Hugs!!!

egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Poor baby. :-(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AryssasMommy
by Susan on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Poor little guy. That is so rough for him and poor Momma. Hope you can find something to ease it up for him. I hate that helpless feeling we as parents get when there is something wrong with our babies and we can't do much about it. My daughter will be 4 in January and she is non-verbal and isn't able to communicate so when she is in pain we have NO CLUE what is hurting...worst feeling in the world. I rushed her to the ER a few months ago because she was screaming non-stop for 2 hours and after some xrays were done they saw that she was constipated so it had to have been so painful for her =(   I can't imagine what it would feel like to have that pain everyday ((hugs)) to little man and his momma.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

BeachMama05
by Jamie on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:03 PM

HUGS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)