Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

Anyone live in Stafford?

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:12 AM
  • 17 Replies

Anyone live in Stafford and is home during the day and hearing big booms all the time? The business office in my neighborhood said it was Quantico but man these booms shake my house and it is almost daily. I live in Aquia Harbor so was just wondering if anyone else feels or hears them?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Xat
by Amanda on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I'm not in the area so here is a bump for you.

nova.mommy
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I don't live in Stafford, but DH works  at Quantico and said they test weapons almost all the time.  If he is near a window, the window will shake.

AryssasMommy
by Susan on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Well all I have to say is NO ONE MESS WITH QUANTICO THEN!!! Because I am a pretty good distance from base and it feels like I am under attack or we are having an earthquake. My husband also works on Quantico but he doesn't feel or hear any of it...I wonder if he thinks I am crazy. It really works my nerves though because I scared of earthquakes. LOL

Quoting nova.mommy:

I don't live in Stafford, but DH works  at Quantico and said they test weapons almost all the time.  If he is near a window, the window will shake.

KelliansMom
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:23 PM
I miss weapons testing days. I grew up living near there and near Norfolk for a time. It was like the Mary poppens movie lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Paparazzi5bling
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:24 PM

lol I woke up to my house shaking today!  I haven't heard it in a while, but they do it fairly frequently.  Are you new to the area?

Dom519
by New Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I live in Stafford too and heard them all morning I thought it was Quantico too doing something. We live near stafford hospital very loud i would say. 

nova.mommy
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I know there are train tracks in the area(they are about a mile from us) and when freight trains come through, they make a loud racket.  Could it be a train?

My father used to work on the navy base in Dahlgren(sp).  When they tested it was over the water so the places on the water several miles from them would hear/feel more then those on the base.

Quoting AryssasMommy:

Well all I have to say is NO ONE MESS WITH QUANTICO THEN!!! Because I am a pretty good distance from base and it feels like I am under attack or we are having an earthquake. My husband also works on Quantico but he doesn't feel or hear any of it...I wonder if he thinks I am crazy. It really works my nerves though because I scared of earthquakes. LOL

Quoting nova.mommy:

AryssasMommy
by Susan on Nov. 28, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Yes I just moved here earlier this year. I live in Aquia Harbor and it feels like they are doing whatever it is they are doing in my back yard.

Quoting Paparazzi5bling:

lol I woke up to my house shaking today!  I haven't heard it in a while, but they do it fairly frequently.  Are you new to the area?

Paparazzi5bling
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:52 PM

lol.  we live about 3 miles away from the harbor.  my daughter was cracking me up this morning, my son missed his bus so i had to take him to school and she goes "no.  you cant leave.  theres something big stomping around out there" haha she is 3 and she was very serious.

AryssasMommy
by Susan on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:36 AM

HA HA...that justmade me giggle. She sounds ADORABLE!!! I love it when kids say cute off the wall stuff like that.

Quoting Paparazzi5bling:

lol.  we live about 3 miles away from the harbor.  my daughter was cracking me up this morning, my son missed his bus so i had to take him to school and she goes "no.  you cant leave.  theres something big stomping around out there" haha she is 3 and she was very serious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN