Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

Where is the flu?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:21 PM
  • 17 Replies

When I went for my dr. appoitment yesterday she told me to be careful when taking the boys out because...

the flu is here!

Apparently she had two people come in the day before and both tested positive for the flu.

This time of year makes my anxiety go bonkers!  After she told me that, the worry started.  I kept thinking about the boys getting the flu and being sick all night.  Then this morning I felt sick and thought for sure I was going to end up with the flu.  Then a few minutes ago I read someones Facebook status mentioning having the flu so now I feel sick again :-(

So... is it in your area?
Have you or anyone in your household had it yet?

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:42 PM

No we have not had it yet  but some people at my job have.

MyMysMommie819
by Mandy on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:03 PM
2 moms liked this
I hope it stays away from here
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nicki1018
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:04 PM

I haven't seen much sickness around here.  We homeschool so we don't get the colds/flu/sickness that goes around there. Hopefully we don't catch anything.

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Very cool!

So you really should only worry if you take your kids out shopping and stuff :-)  

Quoting nicki1018:

I haven't seen much sickness around here.  We homeschool so we don't get the colds/flu/sickness that goes around there. Hopefully we don't catch anything.

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

nicki1018
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Yeah it has been very nice to not have to worry about the schools.  We go to the park or whatever and I just make sure I have some antibacterial spray for their hands and we're good to go.

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Very cool!

So you really should only worry if you take your kids out shopping and stuff :-)  

Quoting nicki1018:

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:58 AM

We live outside of Roanoke. Flu has made it way to the schools already here.

Kellbel08
by Kelley on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Somethin is goin around this way... I woke up with a sore throat and total congestion.  no funn!

egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:38 PM
My dd had her well check today and the Dr said it's already going around and it's nasty. My oldest's school said a lot of kids are out sick.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HistoryMamaX3
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:51 PM
There seem to be quite a few of my local friends posting about friends or family with the flu, one family I know had to take their high school aged son to the er as he got really bad. :-(

So, the flu is in fauquier county!

We homeschool as well, so we don't pick up as many germs that way. Wash hands extra well, stay hydrated, extra vitamin c and all the b's! Antibacterial soaps and stuff do more harm than good, as most people don't use them correctly and we end up making super bugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMama05
by Jamie on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I dont know anyone who has had it yet! Im hoping we dont catch it! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)