Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

Do you have an 'Elf on the Shelf'?

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Replies (11-18):
SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Some kids seem to

My two year old could care less.

It's pretty much an elf that sits and "watches" your children.  Each night when they go to bed the elf flies home to report to Santa.  If you buy the box set you get a book that explains the whole thing to your children.

We're not really Santa pushers here.  If the kids want to believe they can.  They know I buy gifts, and they know I don't believe in Santa.  But they still believe he is real and this elf just makes it a bit more fun for them.

Quoting momofcrazypants:

huh. I'm still not totally sure of what it really is...the whole elf on a shelf thing. Do the kids really get into it?

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

momofcrazypants
by Leslie on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Good to know. Maybe next year. This year my son's only focused on Godzilla and dinosaurs so I think an elf would just get ignored. He's almost 3. Short attention span. 12 year old daughter could care less, she knows that mom and dad are really Santa and that the jig's up. The only thing that she cares about is cell phones, ipods and boys. :(

I liked it so much more when things were simpler.

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Some kids seem to

My two year old could care less.

It's pretty much an elf that sits and "watches" your children.  Each night when they go to bed the elf flies home to report to Santa.  If you buy the box set you get a book that explains the whole thing to your children.

We're not really Santa pushers here.  If the kids want to believe they can.  They know I buy gifts, and they know I don't believe in Santa.  But they still believe he is real and this elf just makes it a bit more fun for them.

Quoting momofcrazypants:

huh. I'm still not totally sure of what it really is...the whole elf on a shelf thing. Do the kids really get into it?

egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:39 PM
I've thought about getting one. I think it's cute.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Xat
by Amanda on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Nope I don't have one.

AryssasMommy
by Susan on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I bought one this year. My daughter is special needs and has no clue or care about the elf. My son is only a year but I bought the elf for practice and well I am sucking at it. The elf has been in the same spot for over a week. LOL

Anonymous2u
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:39 AM
Nope my lil one is only 6 mths. I wna wait till he can name the elf
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rishsticks
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I don't because my daughter is too little still, but I want to get one so I can make it do inappropriate things while I take pics of it. Lol.

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:43 PM

No, but I'd love to get one; I think they are cute and could be a lot of fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)