Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm new and moving to VA Beach!

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:18 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi everyone! My hubs is Military and just got word we will be moving to Virginia Beach in April 2013 for 3yrs. I am excited. I have a 7yr old ADHD son and a 4yr old daughter. We are planning on living in VA Beach, but if not, then maybe Chesapeake area. Other locations we were told to stay away. I am also looking for elementory school for my oldest. If anyone wants to get to know each other, you can look me up on facebook because I am rarely on here. It's under Rene'e Weih (Rene'e Gibbs). I am a SAHM and in online college to get my degree for Vet Tech.

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Welcome to soon being in Virginia.

nicki1018
by Nicki on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Welcome
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MyMysMommie819
by Mandy on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Welcome to the group and soon to VA!!! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Xat
by Amanda on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Welcome to the group!

Renee02
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Thanks ladies! We are excited. Luckly we have family almost 3hrs from where we will be living and 1 of my best friends a hr away. So atleast I won't be fully alone lol. Just hope I will make friends before hand lol and hopefully they stay friends. Being Military its hard to make "true" friends. I dealt with that for almost 8yrs now so I am used to it, but this time around I want it to be different. We shall see!!

Rach0307
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Welcome! I live in Norfolk and love it! DH is also military, and we've lived here for almost 5 years. Hope you end up liking the area :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Renee02
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Thanks love! I am over whelmed because I just took a couple minutes just to look up schools and there are 56 to choose from. Obviously ratings I need to look at. So now I need to figure out what zip code we will want to live BUT we won't know till we are there and looking for a house. I wish the MIlitary would hire someone to do this for us LOL. I never had to look for a school before so its tiring. Deff have to get on this before we move and pick which ones I like and call them and such. I am glad you love the area! I can't wait! Deff alot of things to check out and of course there is the beach to relax.

Quoting Rach0307:

Welcome! I live in Norfolk and love it! DH is also military, and we've lived here for almost 5 years. Hope you end up liking the area :)

Jessplus31979
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:22 PM

We are in Newport News and I have pretty much been living here off and on since I was 18. My hubby is Navy and we just transfered back down here 2 years ago. It's not that bad. I have an 11 year old son and a 7 year old son! We should def get up when you guys get here

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I'm a bit more NW than VA Beach, about halfway between Charlottesville & DC actually in a little place called Bealeton ... but I've been to VA Beach.  It's pretty much a military area & a beach area.  As to the schools, I have no idea about them.  I can tell you this though, my youngest dd went to Old Dominion University for a semister & her roommate lived her entire life in VA Beach ... she & her family loved living there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)