Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question please read??

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:45 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm trying to start a non-profit, my husband and I are foster parents and love what we do. We realize that many of the children that we are taking in do not get some of the same life experiences that most kids get and try to take them on trips and to places they have never been before. We want them to enjoy the time that they are with us and have something positive in their lives. We realize that not all foster families are able to do this because of their funds so we have created the Ferris Foster Fund to help foster children be able to participate in these childhood activities. We also want to be able to talk to people about the joys and benefits of being a foster parent and how these kids enrich your lives. My question is how should I go about making people more aware of what we are trying to do . I have never started a non-profit but this is something that I am very passionate about.

Thanks for any help or advice that your able to give me I would also love to talk to anyone that has questions about foster care.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:19 PM

You can try with the Foster Care department at your local Dept of Family Services.

MyMysMommie819
by Mandy on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not but here's a bump someone else may know here for u! Also that's very awesome what ur doing/going to do!!! Keep up the awesomeness!!! ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Xat
by Amanda on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I'm not sure, I hope someone on here can help you.

chillemi78
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:40 PM
You probably need to file with the Virginia State Tax Comission first. That would probably effect how you can solicit funding.
egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Hmm Idk. But it sounds like a wonderful thing. I wish you luck with it.
Mombare
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
How about statements from parents that have had/currently have kids in FC? I know I got lucky for my kids, having 3 different homes that were great for them.
SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Just seeing this, kinda late.

I'm not sure I have any advice to give.

Fostering a child is such a wonderful thing though <3

babyspots17
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Our news station channel 4 has Wednesday's child where it features one child or siblings in foster care that are looking for forever homes. The news anchor Barbra ? Is very involved in it maybe contact her and she maybe willing to help point you in the right direction.
I have always been interested in foster care but not sure where to get started and when would be the best time with my kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)