Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

Is everyone staying healthy?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:40 PM
  • 12 Replies

How is everyone holding up with all these illnesses going around? My daughter who is in preschool has gotten back to back to back illness over the last month which has resulted in her having to be on 3 different antibiotics. I asked the doctor if there was anyway to help boost her immune system but she said "no" so I am just crossing my fingers she doens't get anything else since this last one was scary.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:50 PM

We are doing good so far.

Hope your daughter is better soon.

MyMysMommie819
by Mandy on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Hope she is feeling better soon!!! =0) I just got over a sinus infection, thank goodness its gone!!! Other then that not too bad, my dd does seems to have a cough that is finally disappearing after what seems like forever. lol

AryssasMommy
by Susan on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:33 PM

OH she is much better now. She still has 2 days left on antibiotics but no cough or runny nose since the weekend. She got to go to school today finally. I am just praying that she doesn't catch anything else seems like she has missed so much school already at least a week a month if not more =(

egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Dd has had it rough. Colds, ear infections, diarrhea, she's currently supposed to have benadryl and albuterol treatments every night before bed for a night time cough. My 4 year old had an infection in his lungs on top of the usual colds. My oldest has been the healthiest. He had a cold and a few sniffles & sneezes here and there but otherwise he's been pretty ok. So far I've had a horrible sinus infection and a stomach virus. It's been a rough couple of months around here.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AryssasMommy
by Susan on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:36 PM

EEEK...that is a lot going on in your house. Hope your kiddos are back to healthy in no time. How do your kids do with the breathing treatments? My daughter is pretty good at sitting still for them but it takes me and my husband to hold my 14 month old down to give him his.
I am sending clorox wipes with my daughter to school tomorrow and hopefully they will use them. Unfortuntely she is special needs and doesn't understand a whole lot so she puts everything in her mouth and touches everything then puts her hands in her mouth...I have a feeling they need to sanitize the class better.

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

Dd has had it rough. Colds, ear infections, diarrhea, she's currently supposed to have benadryl and albuterol treatments every night before bed for a night time cough. My 4 year old had an infection in his lungs on top of the usual colds. My oldest has been the healthiest. He had a cold and a few sniffles & sneezes here and there but otherwise he's been pretty ok. So far I've had a horrible sinus infection and a stomach virus. It's been a rough couple of months around here.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

We haven't had more than colds here an they were short lived.

You can boost her immune system! I don't understand why a doctor would tell you no.  Vitamin D is a great help.  Get her outside in the sun as much as possible, if it's too cold give her a vitamin D supplement.   A healthy diet will help also, as much fruits and vegetables as possible will give her a health boost.    There are also immunity boosters out there, I give my youngest a liquid immunity booster every day.

MaMaLaLa369
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:49 PM

about a month ago my youngest had strep and RSV, and 2 days later her sister got strep and bronchitis. that was a doozy, both had inhalers which they've never used before and they hated it. they loooove to take antibiotics though! haha! my husband was hoem sick today with soemthing, i have no idea what (i hoep it's not the flu his mom has!) and i really hoep my girls dont' get it. i hardly ever get sick so i'm not all that worried about me.

Xat
by Amanda on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:29 AM

My youngest had a bad cough for a couple of days but everyone else has been fine.

I hope your little one gets to feeling better soon.

BeachMama05
by Jamie on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:57 PM

our house had the flu.. BAD .. I was the only one who hasnt gotten it 

rockinmomto2
by Natalie on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:14 AM

My oldest is home sick for the second time in about 6 weeks with strep and is on her second round of antibiotics. The rest of us seem to have stayed far enough away from her to not get strep, but I have a bit of a cold. 

The best thing you can do is make sure your family gets enough vitamins from fruits and veggies, not from multivitamins. I make smoothies every morning which seem to help a LOT (I throw in tons of stuff...fresh ginger, spinach leaves, bananas, blueberries, fresh squeezed orange juice, strawberries), but some germs can't be kept away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)