Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

So what do you think -- can you get on board with the polka dot trend or is it too girly and youthful for you?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:48 AM
  • 4 Replies

5 Ways to Put Pretty Polka Dots All Around the House

Posted by Gabrielle Blair 
on January 10, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Polka dots aren't just for nurseries and kids' rooms anymore. These days you'll find them scattered throughout the house. Not quite sure how to incorporate polka dots into your home furnishings? Start easy with a few throw pillows!

Click through for a few more polka dot inspirations below ...

You can't go wrong with a polka dot shower curtain in a white bathroom like this. 

Don't be afraid of patterns clashing: you can incorporate more than one pattern with ease! Look at thesepolka dot footstools paired with that geometric rug and paisley window cushion. Bright and beautiful! 

I love a good polka dot tile pattern. Isn't this fantastic?

Still feeling nervous? A polka dot tablecloth is about a basic as it gets. Set a pretty table with style!

So what do you think -- can you get on board with the polka dot trend or is it too girly and youthful for you?

Images via Ghoofie Design; Canadian House and Home; Barbara Gilbert Interiors; Houzz; Live Creating Yourself

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
chillemi78
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:02 AM
I don't follow trends for my house, heck, I don't even keep up with most trends for fashion!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MaMaLaLa369
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:38 AM

i love polka dots! i got a roll of black wrapping paper with white polka dots to decorate boxes and stuff in my craft room since i wanted a black and white theme in there, and when i saw the paper i knew that was the perfect pattern! simple, yet fun :) i tend to wear graphic tees mostly, but i have lots of polka dot undies and socks for fun additions to my wardrobe :)

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I like the polka dot shower curtain and tile in the bathroom. Not sure polka dots would look good in my home.

egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Polka dots can be super cute.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)