Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

So proud!

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:11 AM
  • 11 Replies

My son just turned two on the 22nd. Today he was playing but kept messing with his shoes so I took them off of him because I thought they were bothering him. Well he just came up to me and showed me that he put his shoes on all by himself. My baby is growing up I can't believe he can put his shoes on by himself. I was just so proud so I thought I would share it with all of you ladies.

Have your children done anything recently that you didn't think they were big enough to do yet?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MyMysMommie819
by Mandy on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Awesome!! =) They really do grow up too fast =( I can't think of anything really, but I am proud that she's fully potty trained and has been since the fall and she'll be 2.5 in February =)

Xat
by Amanda on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:36 AM

That is awesome! My son is showing interest in using the potty but he can't figure it out. As soon as he gets his diaper a little wet he will bring a diaper so that he can be changed. He will also ask to sit on the potty but he just doesn't understand yet but I think he will pretty soon.

Quoting MyMysMommie819:

Awesome!! =) They really do grow up too fast =( I can't think of anything really, but I am proud that she's fully potty trained and has been since the fall and she'll be 2.5 in February =)

MyMysMommie819
by Mandy on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Thanks! =) Sounds like he's getting close, that's how she was and we didn't start start until she was 2 and 1 month. Hope it goes well for you!!! =)

Quoting Xat:

That is awesome! My son is showing interest in using the potty but he can't figure it out. As soon as he gets his diaper a little wet he will bring a diaper so that he can be changed. He will also ask to sit on the potty but he just doesn't understand yet but I think he will pretty soon.

Quoting MyMysMommie819:

MaMaLaLa369
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

that's so fun! my oldest (just turned 5) surprised me a few months ago by tying her shoes! i was very impressed cos i hadnt' taught her, she had been learning at school so it was  sucha  fun surprise :)

thsi morning, my youngest (3) wrote her name all by herself for the first time ever!!!! i am so incredibly proud of her! she's been having a lot of trouble learning to write. she's been pretty good at L for a whiel now, but she has absolutely refused to try to write any of the other letters in her name unless she's using her tracing sheets. it also hasnt' helped that she uses both hands to write. she's not great with her right hand so i've been urging her to use her left since it seems easier on her, and she writes much clearer with her left. here's her beautiful handiwork-

Lana ♥

Xat
by Amanda on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

That so great! It is amazing how quickly they learn to do things on their own.

Quoting MaMaLaLa369:

that's so fun! my oldest (just turned 5) surprised me a few months ago by tying her shoes! i was very impressed cos i hadnt' taught her, she had been learning at school so it was  sucha  fun surprise :)

thsi morning, my youngest (3) wrote her name all by herself for the first time ever!!!! i am so incredibly proud of her! she's been having a lot of trouble learning to write. she's been pretty good at L for a whiel now, but she has absolutely refused to try to write any of the other letters in her name unless she's using her tracing sheets. it also hasnt' helped that she uses both hands to write. she's not great with her right hand so i've been urging her to use her left since it seems easier on her, and she writes much clearer with her left. here's her beautiful handiwork-

Lana ♥

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Awesome!

Kids really do grow up quickly!

childofgod04
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

My 7 month old is standing with support and trying so hard to do it without holding on!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Xat
by Amanda on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Awww....he will be up and walking soon.

Quoting childofgod04:

My 7 month old is standing with support and trying so hard to do it without holding on!

childofgod04
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I know! everyone keeps telling me he will be walking by 9 months! I guess I will have to wait and see.

Quoting Xat:

Awww....he will be up and walking soon.

Quoting childofgod04:

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Hes all grown up now...lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)