Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

Too funny!

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:58 PM
  • 12 Replies

As some of you know my dh was laid off a little over a week ago. The company is a very small one and when my dh was there, there were only 4 employees and now they are down to three. He worked as a mechanic at a garage and only two of the other people there know how to work on anything. My brother is now the only mechanic there, then there is the owner who knows how to work on cars but doesn't and then the owner's ex-wife/wife (I'm not sure what to call her anymore).

Well the owner called my hubby tonight and said that they were so backed up that they needed his help and said that he would pay him. I think this is hilarious. This is why my hubby started working there. They were always backed up and my brother wasn't leaving the garage until after midnight most nights.

I think that it is a little funny that they fired him because they didn't have enough business to pay him but have too much business to handle on their own so they are paying him to help out.

I thought you ladies might get a laugh out of it too.

Join us in the Virginia Moms group!

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Its good to hear they need him after all.

jean_marie1987
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Wow!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Xat
by Amanda on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:18 PM

It is but the guy isn't hiring him back he just wants my hubby to come over and help for the night. Once they get caught up the guy will just let him go again.

Quoting virginiamama71:

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Ok, so hopefully he will need him enough so he can still have some money coming in until he can find a steady fulltime job.

Quoting Xat:

It is but the guy isn't hiring him back he just wants my hubby to come over and help for the night. Once they get caught up the guy will just let him go again.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Xat
by Amanda on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:21 PM

I hope so.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Ok, so hopefully he will need him enough so he can still have some money coming in until he can find a steady fulltime job.

Quoting Xat:

Quoting virginiamama71:

egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Wow. What a great company. o_O.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MyMysMommie819
by Mandy on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Good that the need him back, but yeah its crazy how they go from no work to too much work lol

MaMaLaLa369
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:18 AM

why dont' they just fire the guys who don't knwo how to work on cars and have your hubby and brother there who do? the owner is going to lose business if the guys who dont' know jack flub a car repair they dont' know how to do and people won't want to come back. word of mouth is powerful. just doesn't seem to be good business sense to keep peopel who don't knwo how to do the work.

Xat
by Amanda on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:08 AM

It is crazy but usually during December and January business is really slow and then picks back up in February so they knew this would happen and they just didn't prepare for it.

Quoting MyMysMommie819:

Good that the need him back, but yeah its crazy how they go from no work to too much work lol

Xat
by Amanda on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I don't know why he doesn't do that. The other employee is his ex-wife. She doesn't know anything about cars and sits upfront in the waiting area all day. I don't know why he does it that way but he does. The guy doesn't make sense at all. Plus the company has made enough profit that there is no reason they can't pay the employees but for some reason all the money is gone and the guy is getting a loan to catch up on his bills.

Quoting MaMaLaLa369:

why dont' they just fire the guys who don't knwo how to work on cars and have your hubby and brother there who do? the owner is going to lose business if the guys who dont' know jack flub a car repair they dont' know how to do and people won't want to come back. word of mouth is powerful. just doesn't seem to be good business sense to keep peopel who don't knwo how to do the work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN