Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

As some of you know my dh was laid off a little over a week ago. The company is a very small one and when my dh was there, there were only 4 employees and now they are down to three. He worked as a mechanic at a garage and only two of the other people there know how to work on anything. My brother is now the only mechanic there, then there is the owner who knows how to work on cars but doesn't and then the owner's ex-wife/wife (I'm not sure what to call her anymore).

Well the owner called my hubby tonight and said that they were so backed up that they needed his help and said that he would pay him. I think this is hilarious. This is why my hubby started working there. They were always backed up and my brother wasn't leaving the garage until after midnight most nights.

I think that it is a little funny that they fired him because they didn't have enough business to pay him but have too much business to handle on their own so they are paying him to help out.

I thought you ladies might get a laugh out of it too.

Join us in the Virginia Moms group!

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Replies (11-12):
MyMysMommie819
by Mandy on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Hopefully they learned their lesson this time, it crazy that they would lay him off right before February knowing it picks back up

Quoting Xat:

It is crazy but usually during December and January business is really slow and then picks back up in February so they knew this would happen and they just didn't prepare for it.

Quoting MyMysMommie819:

Good that the need him back, but yeah its crazy how they go from no work to too much work lol

jaytee
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:38 PM

It's so good that they need him....maybe they will wake up and realize they need him to work there

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)