Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

Loudoun County Sheriff Office Investigates Suspicious People Approaching Children

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:12 PM
  • 4 Replies

Sheriff's office says weekend cases are not related, but are being investigated; deputies need residents' help.  

The Loudoun County Sheriff's Office is investigating two separate cases in which a suspicious person has approached a child and offered them a ride in their vehicle.

LCSO says the cases are not believed to be related, but they are both being investigated as suspicious.

The first case was reported Friday by a 12-year-old girl in Ashburn, who was walking around 2:30 p.m. in the area of Bruceton Mills Circle and Lemon Tree Place when she said a small, tan four-door passenger car pulled up alongside her.

The driver, a middle-aged woman with blonde hair, began talking to the girl and then asked her if she wanted to get into the vehicle. The girl declined and went home.

The second case was reported around 7:30 p.m. Sunday, when a child walking near Youngs Cliff Road and Memory Lane in Sterling was approached by a dark colored vehicle. The driver of the vehicle, described as an older man, asked the child if he needed a ride. The child said no and went home. 

Anyone with information about the case should call LCSO at 703-777-0475.

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Xat
by Amanda on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

That's scary, I'm glad both kids turned down the ride. Hopefully they figure out what is going on soon.

MyMysMommie819
by Mandy on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:42 AM

That's scary, I'm going to drive myself nuts when my dd goes to school with stuff like this =(

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Weird... I hope they catch up with these two and question them.

egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Very scary.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN