Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homemade baby gifts?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:54 PM
  • 12 Replies
Do you like them? Like crocheted blankets and things I mean.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Ack. I'm trying to upload a pic to ask you guys about but it's not going through.
egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Yay it worked! Anyway this is supposed to be an apple but I didn't quite get the exact shape I wanted. Do you think it's ok? My friend is due in the next few weeks and until they had an actual name she called the baby Apple. So, I made her an apple bib. I'm working on a blanket too, hopefully I'll get it done in time.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:51 PM

I still have the 2 crocheted blankets I received when pregnant with my son.

MyMysMommie819
by Mandy on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I like them!! =) I think they mean a lot, I have a few blankets that were made for my dd =)

MaMaLaLa369
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:29 AM

the bib is super cute! i do love handmade baby gifts, theymean so much more to e than store-bought stuff. my dad's family is crafty, and we've received a lot of things for my girls. i have quilts from my aunt, a small newborn blanket from my gramma, and she also made some cross-stitch pictures for the girls' rooms. my mom made cross-stitch birth samplers for them too. when i was little, my gramma made us girls (me and my sisters) cross-stitch stockings, and my mom continued that tradition by making some for all her grandkids. when she didnt' have a working sewing machine, she sent the pieces up to my gramma to sew together for her, so the stockings my girls have were a team effort between my mom and my gramma :) my girls are old enough now to appreciate those things, and they love those blankies and pictures, knowing they were made by family with love :)

Xat
by Amanda on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I love them. My aunt made my two oldest crocheted blankets for when they were born and I still have them. I use them with my youngest all the time. She passed away before we ever had our youngest so the blankets are very special to us.

chillemi78
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:23 PM
I love them. And even though your apple is not the perfect shape, knowing it was made with love is what matters. When my mom was pregnant with me and she asked her friend to be godmother, her friend immediately started making a blanket for me. She had no idea what she was doing, so its a crooked mess, but it was my blankie and I loved it for years. Both of my kids have handmade blankets from relatives and they love them.
SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:17 AM

handmade is nice.  I crochet and make jewelry so I try to give a lot of handmade.  I also sell my items so that others can give handmade.  Sometimes it's more personal that way.

egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Thanks!

Quoting MaMaLaLa369:

the bib is super cute! i do love handmade baby gifts, theymean so much more to e than store-bought stuff. my dad's family is crafty, and we've received a lot of things for my girls. i have quilts from my aunt, a small newborn blanket from my gramma, and she also made some cross-stitch pictures for the girls' rooms. my mom made cross-stitch birth samplers for them too. when i was little, my gramma made us girls (me and my sisters) cross-stitch stockings, and my mom continued that tradition by making some for all her grandkids. when she didnt' have a working sewing machine, she sent the pieces up to my gramma to sew together for her, so the stockings my girls have were a team effort between my mom and my gramma :) my girls are old enough now to appreciate those things, and they love those blankies and pictures, knowing they were made by family with love :)

egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Thanks. Mom to be really seems to value homemade stuff.

Quoting chillemi78:

I love them. And even though your apple is not the perfect shape, knowing it was made with love is what matters. When my mom was pregnant with me and she asked her friend to be godmother, her friend immediately started making a blanket for me. She had no idea what she was doing, so its a crooked mess, but it was my blankie and I loved it for years. Both of my kids have handmade blankets from relatives and they love them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)