Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Allergies

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:58 PM
  • 7 Replies
Do any of you have kids with allergies? Specifically, food allergies? How do you deal?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Nothing yet. 

MyMysMommie819
by Mandy on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

No food allergies here, thank goodness

MaMaLaLa369
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:39 AM

no true allergies, although bith my girls are extremely sensitive to red dye 40. my youngest cna't handle it very well in food- a piece of candy every once in a while doesn't seem to bother her, but in soemthing liek cake, she tends to get diarrhea. both of them react badly to it in the bath paints my MIL got them- they got rashes form the colors with red 40 in them, so we dont' use them anymore.

my youngest had a lot of issues with diarrhea for a long time. i put her on soy milk because whiel she was nursing i noticed she had a lot of problems when i consumed a lot of dairy (and by a lot of problems i mean that her diaper issues caused her to have extremely painful diaper rashes, to where she almost constantly had open sores, my poor baby!). but on soy she never got better, so i did soem research (after going to an allergist, having MANY tests run by her pedi with no answers, and we talked about seeing a gastroenterologist) and found that a lot of people have problems with soy. so we tried almond milk, but she didnt' liek it, then after more research i found that hemp milk is one of the easiest milks to digest, so we tried that and she all of a sudden cleared right up! last summer we also tried her on coconut milk since we can't always find hemp milk and we needed to make sure her preschool had access to a milk alternative for her, and she does well on that, plus it costs less! she still has issues with soft cheeses and stuff, which is not uncommon, so i guess she is lactose intolerant or just sensitive to the soft dairy stuff, like me.  

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:10 AM

we're allergice to animal products, lol

Just kidding.  we're vegan but sometimes people don't take our dietary choices serious unless I say it's an allergy.

My youngest gets hives if peanut butter touches his skin

chillemi78
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:48 AM
My son had an egg allergy/sensitivity, but luckily grew out of it. The baby has reflux and my coffee drinking makes it worse. Not an allergy, but it sure does make me sad.
egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:30 PM
The reason I asked is my dd has an appointment with an allergist on Wednesday. She's had some issues and we kind of suspect soy is the culprit but aren't sure.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:19 AM

how did the appointment go?

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

The reason I asked is my dd has an appointment with an allergist on Wednesday. She's had some issues and we kind of suspect soy is the culprit but aren't sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)