Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mail

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:52 PM
  • 8 Replies

The postal service is stopping delivery on Saturdays starting in August.

How much mail are you getting delivered on Saturdays and during the week?

usps

The USPS will continue delivering packages six days a week.

The U.S. Postal Service plans to stop delivering mail on Saturdays, Pauline Jelinek of the Associated Press reports.

On Wednesday the service is expected to announce that the the cut, beginning in August, would save about $2 billion annually.

The delivery of snail mail has declined as the use of the Internet has increased, eventually leading to the service losing an average of $42,335,766 per day in the first 8 months of 2012.

Jelinek notes that the move accentuates one of the agency's strong points-package delivery-which has increased by 14 percent since 2010. 

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/postal-service-to-cut-saturday-mail-to-trim-costs-2013-2#ixzz2KAbn1Lb1

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:53 PM

We do not get alot of mail delivered. Mostly local newspapers, ocassionally fliers and once in awhile mail we want. But most days the box is empty.

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:00 AM

I actually get a lot of mail.  Plus with my businesses, USPS is important to me because that's how I ship out orders.

Although they did say that they will still be delivery packages which is good.

MyMysMommie819
by Mandy on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I don't get much mail, mainly just junk and bills so I'm ok with this lol

MaMaLaLa369
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:09 AM

we dont' get a whole lot of mail. i'm not sure i agree with Saturday being a good day to stop mail service, maybe a Wednesday or soemthing so peopel aren't waiting 2 whole days for soemthing they may be expecting, and for all the holidays on Mondays that we have, that makes 3 days people have to wait. i do liek that they won't stop package deliveries at least.

egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:34 PM
We get a lot of bills and junk mostly.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mombare
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:39 PM
We mainly get bills and such. We ship packages out from the PO, so that won't be affected.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Xat
by Amanda on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:14 PM

The only time we get any mail is when it is a bill. So I don't mind them not delivering it on Saturday and waiting until Monday. If they just wanted to keep all of my bills that would be awesome lol.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:50 PM

LOL  - and pay them too. ; )

Quoting Xat:

If they just wanted to keep all of my bills that would be awesome lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)