George Washington Birthday Parade February 18, 2013 in Alexandria, Virginia
Date and Time: Monday, February 18, 2013, 1-3 p.m.
Parade Route: The George Washington Birthday Parade starts at the intersection of Gibbon and S. Fairfax streets. The reviewing stand is located near City Hall's Market Square, at the intersection of King and Royal streets, and ends at Wilkes and S. Royal streets. See a map of of the parade route.
Transportation and Parking: Parking is free at the parking lots adjacent to the Eisenhower Avenue Metro Station. Free DASH shuttle bus service will take you downtown and back from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Free King Street Trolley will also be in operation all day until 11 p.m. from the King St-Old Town Metro station. There are many parking garages within the vicinity of the parade route. See a guide to parking lots in Old Town Alexandria.
See Photos of the George Washington Birthday Parade
Free Admission to Historic Alexandria SitesThroughout President's Day, several Historic Alexandria sites will have Open Houses offering free admission. Those sites include the following:
- George Washington's Mount Vernon Estate and Gardens, 3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Hwy., 703-780-2000
- The Lyceum, Alexandria's History Museum, 210 S. Washington Street (703) 838-4994
- Gadsby's Tavern Museum, 134 N. Royal St., Alexandria. (703) 838-4242
- Friendship Firehouse Museum, 107 S. Alfred St., Alexandria. (703) 838-3891
- Carlyle House, 121 N. Fairfax St., Alexandria. (703) 838-4242
- Stabler-Leadbeather Apothecary Museum, 105-107 S. Fairfax St., Alexandria. (703) 836-3713
- Lee-Fendall House Museum, 614 Oronoco St., Alexandria. (703) 548-1789
- Historic Christ Church, 614 Oronoc St., Alexandria. (703) 549-1450