Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To those who have dealt with NoroVirus this year...

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:38 PM
  • 19 Replies

How does it work?  Last year it seemed like very frequent vomiting for 6 hours and then stomach pains.

What about this year?

I'm asking because my son got sick at school about an hour ago.  He's home now and hasn't gotten sick again, yet.  

I have really bad emetophobia, fear of vomiting, so I'm in a state of panic right now.  I just want to know kinda what I'm in store for.  Is this going to be random, I have no idea when he's going to get sick type thing.  Or is the vomiting just a part of it and then changes over to something else?

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I have no experience with it. Heres a bump and hope he feels better soon. 

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Thanks.  We're going on 2.5 hours and he feels fine.  My anxiety is causing me to feel really sick though.  Waiting... waiting...

Quoting virginiamama71:

I have no experience with it. Heres a bump and hope he feels better soon. 

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

Xat
by Amanda on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
We haven't dealt with it so here's a bump. I hope he feels better.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MyMysMommie819
by Mandy on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I have no expereince with ith, here's a bump for you and I hope he feels better!!

Rach0307
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:48 AM
I have no idea, but how is he today? How are you? I know how you feel, I don't mind being there and helping others who are sick and vomiting, but I am sooooo afraid of vomiting myself. I will take pain over vomiting any day; absolutely horrible feeling! I hope everyone is feeling better today :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:22 AM

How is he doing this morning? 

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Hey ladies, he last got sick at 7pm last night.  You can tell he isn't feeling 100% but so far the little bit he has ate and drank is still in him.  

egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Glad he's doing better.
egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Oh and this reminded me. My sister works in a hospital. Yesterday they were told that a patient may have noro and to let their superiors know if they got sick. Well they found out it wasn't the patient at all. He had just had surgery and his wife had noro but decided to come to the hospital anyway. She exposed not only her fresh out of surgery husband, but all the other patients and staff. The hospital banned her.
mom24crazykids
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:00 AM
I feel for you. Im emetophobic too. Unfortunately I can't handle it as well as it sounds like you can. Norovirus is one of my worst fears. Hope he's feeling better today!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)