Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

To those who have dealt with NoroVirus this year...

Posted by   + Show Post

How does it work?  Last year it seemed like very frequent vomiting for 6 hours and then stomach pains.

What about this year?

I'm asking because my son got sick at school about an hour ago.  He's home now and hasn't gotten sick again, yet.  

I have really bad emetophobia, fear of vomiting, so I'm in a state of panic right now.  I just want to know kinda what I'm in store for.  Is this going to be random, I have no idea when he's going to get sick type thing.  Or is the vomiting just a part of it and then changes over to something else?

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Replies (11-19):
SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Oh I don't know how well I'm handling it.  I try to stay calm around my kids though and when I freak out online people make me feel worse for it.  He threw up twice this morning within two hours.  I feel really sick, I'm extremely moody, and can't eat anything.  I'm avoiding him as if being in his presence will make me sick.  I'm so lucky that my husband doesn't suffer from this.  He's helping out so much.

Quoting mom24crazykids:

I feel for you. Im emetophobic too. Unfortunately I can't handle it as well as it sounds like you can. Norovirus is one of my worst fears. Hope he's feeling better today!

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

mlegreenberg
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:21 PM

HOLY CRAP!!!! Ppl are so thoughtless!!! Noro can kill ppl who r in the hospital already! What a selfish b*tch! My husband missed one of my ultrasound appointments because he had a mild cold - we didnt want to risk getting a preg lady sick even with the sniffles! smh

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

Oh and this reminded me. My sister works in a hospital. Yesterday they were told that a patient may have noro and to let their superiors know if they got sick. Well they found out it wasn't the patient at all. He had just had surgery and his wife had noro but decided to come to the hospital anyway. She exposed not only her fresh out of surgery husband, but all the other patients and staff. The hospital banned her.

milmil06
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:55 AM
We all had it in my house my son threw up at my sil and constantly felt like he had to poop I thought he just ate too much he then threw up again I thought nothing of it except still he ate too much he ate almost the entire time up to Richmond then we went to dinner and he ate there too a lot of breadsticks then pizza but like every 5 minutes we had to stop for him to poo he never would go so I'm frustrated by this time we still had an hour and a half ride home and 90 percent is through the country with no gas stations or anything but he finally fell asleep but he would randomly wake up and throw up like horribly throw up he was naked by the time we got home cus he got it over everything then the next day my husband was at work he went to go poo and it was water! It was like that all day then the Stomach cramps no lie at about 3 o'clock the same day I went to the bathroom same thing water and then all of a sudden he came and I started throwing up like every 5 minutes for a while and anytime I stood up I had to run to the bathroom the baby woke up from his nap and he had thrown up every where in his crib I was scared my oldest was gonna get sick all over again he didn't it was like that for a whole day like that then it got better no more throwing up or water out of the butt but still nauseous and stomach cramping I couldn't eat for like 2 days Sorry so much info but it was crazy I've never experienced it before until this year I've never been that sick ever
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:46 AM

I'm so sorry that happened to you all :-(

Quoting milmil06:

We all had it in my house my son threw up at my sil and constantly felt like he had to poop I thought he just ate too much he then threw up again I thought nothing of it except still he ate too much he ate almost the entire time up to Richmond then we went to dinner and he ate there too a lot of breadsticks then pizza but like every 5 minutes we had to stop for him to poo he never would go so I'm frustrated by this time we still had an hour and a half ride home and 90 percent is through the country with no gas stations or anything but he finally fell asleep but he would randomly wake up and throw up like horribly throw up he was naked by the time we got home cus he got it over everything then the next day my husband was at work he went to go poo and it was water! It was like that all day then the Stomach cramps no lie at about 3 o'clock the same day I went to the bathroom same thing water and then all of a sudden he came and I started throwing up like every 5 minutes for a while and anytime I stood up I had to run to the bathroom the baby woke up from his nap and he had thrown up every where in his crib I was scared my oldest was gonna get sick all over again he didn't it was like that for a whole day like that then it got better no more throwing up or water out of the butt but still nauseous and stomach cramping I couldn't eat for like 2 days Sorry so much info but it was crazy I've never experienced it before until this year I've never been that sick ever

egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Right? No idea what she was thinking.

Quoting mlegreenberg:

HOLY CRAP!!!! Ppl are so thoughtless!!! Noro can kill ppl who r in the hospital already! What a selfish b*tch! My husband missed one of my ultrasound appointments because he had a mild cold - we didnt want to risk getting a preg lady sick even with the sniffles! smh

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

Oh and this reminded me. My sister works in a hospital. Yesterday they were told that a patient may have noro and to let their superiors know if they got sick. Well they found out it wasn't the patient at all. He had just had surgery and his wife had noro but decided to come to the hospital anyway. She exposed not only her fresh out of surgery husband, but all the other patients and staff. The hospital banned her.

mom24crazykids
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:33 PM
I'm the same way. Last time one of my kids had it I almost passed out and couldn't eat for like.4.days because I.was so.scared I had it or was going to get it. As horrible.as it sounds my mom.has to take my kids any time.they vomit because I'm so afraid of.it. I hope.he's feeling better now.

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Oh I don't know how well I'm handling it.  I try to stay calm around my kids though and when I freak out online people make me feel worse for it.  He threw up twice this morning within two hours.  I feel really sick, I'm extremely moody, and can't eat anything.  I'm avoiding him as if being in his presence will make me sick.  I'm so lucky that my husband doesn't suffer from this.  He's helping out so much.

Quoting mom24crazykids:

I feel for you. Im emetophobic too. Unfortunately I can't handle it as well as it sounds like you can. Norovirus is one of my worst fears. Hope he's feeling better today!

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:47 PM

It's called emetophobia, I hate it!

Quoting mom24crazykids:

I'm the same way. Last time one of my kids had it I almost passed out and couldn't eat for like.4.days because I.was so.scared I had it or was going to get it. As horrible.as it sounds my mom.has to take my kids any time.they vomit because I'm so afraid of.it. I hope.he's feeling better now.

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Quoting mom24crazykids:

mom24crazykids
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Ya it sucks big time.

Quoting SabrinaLC:

It's called emetophobia, I hate it!

Quoting mom24crazykids:

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Quoting mom24crazykids:

spagal99
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I had it bad. started with diarreha for first 24 hrs then throwing up. which i had nothing in me so was really dry heaves. major body aches. I was out of work for 4 days. My 10 yr had it too only missed 2 days of school. My 1 yr old baby has been sick off and on since jan. 30. she will get a fever, throw up a few times, be fine and then have blow out diapers for a few days. gets better and starts all over again. So sad. between the 3 of us i have missed 8 days of work.

do not wish this on anyone ;(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)