Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

Still Sick :-(

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:47 AM
  • 13 Replies

So my son is still sick.  He has gotten sick 3 times since 5:30am.  

Dh bought him some pediatlyte and he's been drinking that.  So far it has stayed down but I don't want him to drink so much too quickly.  

I've been asking questions online trying to figure out what I can do for him, how long it's going to last, etc and I keep getting these "horror" stories.  I've been told to call the doctor, and that he might need to go to the hospital.

It's freaking me out.  I already feel like a crap mom because I'm hiding in the basement/playroom with my other two boys and now people are telling me he may need to be hospitalized?  

I don't know what the point of this post is.  I'm just so upset right now.  I have bad anxiety and this stupid vomiting phobia.  I was already told by someone that I'm hurting my children by not having my anxiety treated.  I'm just so sad about this whole situation.

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:18 PM

You are not a bad mom.

Have you called his doctor to get their advice?

This will be better than taking advice from those online especially if they are going to give more information that is making you nervous and may not even be true.

((hugs)) to you and your son.

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:30 PM

We havent' called.  I told my husband that if he got sick again maybe we should call.  He last got sick at 9am.  He's drank some pedialyte since then and just ate a bowl of cereal a little bit ago.  So I guess we just keep waiting.

Quoting virginiamama71:

You are not a bad mom.

This will be better than taking advice from those online especially if they are going to give more information that is making you nervous and may not even be true.

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:34 PM

For your anxiety is there some treatment for it or once someone has it they just learn to live with it?

I hope he is better soon.

Quoting SabrinaLC:

We havent' called.  I told my husband that if he got sick again maybe we should call.  He last got sick at 9am.  He's drank some pedialyte since then and just ate a bowl of cereal a little bit ago.  So I guess we just keep waiting.

Quoting virginiamama71:

You are not a bad mom.

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Medications would probably be the treatment.  I don't do medications though.  I'm not like this all the time.  It's something I've just learned to live with.  Sometimes, such as now with the sickness in the house, it's a real struggle.  Luckily my husband understands anxiety and is treating me nicely about it.  He's pretty much taking care of everything so that I can hide out in the basement with my youngest.

I hope he is better soon also.  

Thank You for replying to my post.

Quoting virginiamama71:

For your anxiety is there some treatment for it or once someone has it they just learn to live with it?

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Quoting virginiamama71:

You are not a bad mom.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Thankful you have a understanding husband.

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Medications would probably be the treatment.  I don't do medications though.  I'm not like this all the time.  It's something I've just learned to live with.  Sometimes, such as now with the sickness in the house, it's a real struggle.  Luckily my husband understands anxiety and is treating me nicely about it.  He's pretty much taking care of everything so that I can hide out in the basement with my youngest.

I hope he is better soon also.  

Thank You for replying to my post.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Quoting virginiamama71:

You are not a bad mom.

MyMysMommie819
by Mandy on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Hope hes feeling better!! Ur not a bad mom at all, sonetimes there are things we just cant handle and thats ok and ur dh is taking care of it so that works for u guys, forget what they say hun!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:43 AM

He is STILL sick you all.  I'm sending Dh to urgent care with the little guy.  I feel so bad for him, so terribly bad.  

dfollin
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Iam sorry he is so sick........that is not fun when you have a sick child.I know you feel helpless but you are not hurting your children, don't pay any attention to what some of these people say.Just do what your heart says.I hope he gets well soon.
SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Thanks, My husband just left with him to take him to Urgent Care.  I'm so worried about him.  No one else has gotten sick yet and I'm worried it's something else.  Plus he's barely eating or drinking.  He's peed like three or four times (maybe more) in the past few days.  

Quoting dfollin:

Iam sorry he is so sick........that is not fun when you have a sick child.I know you feel helpless but you are not hurting your children, don't pay any attention to what some of these people say.Just do what your heart says.I hope he gets well soon.

dfollin
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting SabrinaLC:

I suffer from ocassional anxiety attacks and so does my teenage daughter,mostly when things get really stressfull.The doctor gave me meds(which I am not into much either) but it said on the description that if you start them you have to take them the rest of your life or you could have seisors????? Well needless to say I didn't take them.But,my brother had a soothing voice and he talked to my daughter simply saying for her to sit and think of something happy and she was fine.However he died and since then she just try's to remember his soothing voice and I listen to nature sounds,I always have and it helps.As well as burning lavender oils and candles,drinking chamomile tea and sitting in the dark with a cool rag on my forhead and eyes.
----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/dfollin
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)