Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

poor baby..

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:05 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
long story short.
my sister ,s daughter is 20 and had a baby a few month's ago..he is so cute and i love him like he,s my own .. and i love his mom and would do any thing for the both of them..but she is fucking up big time..
she does not have job.nether does the dad.he is a drug head .he is only 20 and needs to grow up..well any way we found out they are lived on a porch at a crack house.( its cold here in va and snowing) she is sick the baby is sick ..and someone we know called the cops on them ..well i have decided if the baby gets taken away i will go file for custody ..i dont wont to take the baby from his mom,dad but he needs some one to step in..he is just a baby ..she is a good mom..shes loves him but she thanks she " needs man " .she has some mental issues and had issues growing up..her mom( my sister) was not their for her and me and my mother rased her .she has nothing and wont try..its lot bs but the baby does not deserve that .my mom,i are so up set about that we just wont to cry,,
jmo..wen u have a child u have to provide for that child..u have to put roof over his head and..she cant afford dipers and sayes the baby has a rash on his "parts"..she cant afford formula or tampons..its fucked up..
any way any one know about custody on a child that not urs??
i would do any thing for that baby boy...

sorry cant spell and i know it ..no bashing ..just advice..
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:12 AM

I don't really know much about this kind of thing.  I think the baby would go to family first but I'm not totally sure.

Talk to her and offer to step in until she can get on her feet.  Don't take full custody but perhaps temporary custody.  It seems she may fight hard if she feels her baby is being taken away from her.

MyMysMommie819
by Mandy on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:26 AM

I'm not sure how all that works, here a bump for you and I would try what pp said, by talking to her and taking tempoary custody until she got on her feet.

Mombare
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:56 AM
IF they take the baby, which I think they will, talk to the social worker handling the case. Also, you can go to court when the initial CPS case goes to court, and ask the judge to award you temp custody. I know that DSS will try to place kids with family first.

I have tons of knowledge about this as I have had all 3 of mine removed for different reasons. Only 1 of mine is left in foster care, but that is because it is a better place than what I can give him. But that is a different issue. I am willing to answer ANY questions you have. Contact me via here (CM) and I can give u my # for easier access to the answers you need.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Quoting Mombare:

IF they take the baby, which I think they will, talk to the social worker handling the case. Also, you can go to court when the initial CPS case goes to court, and ask the judge to award you temp custody. I know that DSS will try to place kids with family first.

I have tons of knowledge about this as I have had all 3 of mine removed for different reasons. Only 1 of mine is left in foster care, but that is because it is a better place than what I can give him. But that is a different issue. I am willing to answer ANY questions you have. Contact me via here (CM) and I can give u my # for easier access to the answers you need.

WHAT KINDA STUFF DO I HAVE TO HAVE TO GET CUSTODY ?
KRIZZ25
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Quoting SabrinaLC:

I don't really know much about this kind of thing.  I think the baby would go to family first but I'm not totally sure.

Talk to her and offer to step in until she can get on her feet.  Don't take full custody but perhaps temporary custody.  It seems she may fight hard if she feels her baby is being taken away from her.

SHE WONT LESSON..SHE IS SO FAR UP THAT MANS ASS ..SHE IS BLOND TO REAL LIFE.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:47 PM

What happened after the cops were called?

If they were not arrested you can contact CPS and tell them about their living situation and also let them know you are the only stable family member who can be there to take the baby in temporarily.

KRIZZ25
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Quoting virginiamama71:

What happened after the cops were called?

If they were not arrested you can contact CPS and tell them about their living situation and also let them know you are the only stable family member who can be there to take the baby in temporarily.

IDK WHAT HAPPEN ..SHE WONT TELL US..YEA I WILL CAL THEM AS SOON AS I GET BETTER.
egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Idk but good luck. I wish the best for that poor baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mombare
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:01 PM

WHAT KINDA STUFF DO I HAVE TO HAVE TO GET CUSTODY ?

First I would suggest that you have a room that is available for the baby to live in.  Next, if she still has the baby, you can go to the Juvanile& Domestic Relations court for your county and as for a petition for custody of the baby.  You can also call CPS (Child Protective Services) and make an anonomous report that you are concerned for the baby's safety.

Which county is SHE in? Depending on where she is, I can give you specific people to talk to.  I have contacts in DSS for Fairfax, Spotsylvania, and Henrico counties.  I can talk to them and see if they can help.  

HTH, and I am willing to help as much as I can.

KRIZZ25
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Quoting Mombare:

she still has the baby.. can the baby share a room wth boy cusant? both will be boys? she is in caroline co..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)