Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

Reading

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:54 AM
  • 11 Replies

What book is everyone reading?

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Last night I started The Twelve Tribes of Hattie by Ayana Mathis

In 1923, fifteen-year-old Hattie Shepherd flees Georgia and settles in Philadelphia, hoping for a chance at a better life. Instead, she marries a man who will bring her nothing but disappointment and watches helplessly as her firstborn twins succumb to an illness a few pennies could have prevented.  Hattie gives birth to nine more children whom she raises with grit and mettle and not an ounce of the tenderness they crave.  She vows to prepare them for the calamitous difficulty they are sure to face in their later lives, to meet a world that will not love them, a world that will not be kind. Captured here in twelve luminous narrative threads, their lives tell the story of a mother’s monumental courage and the journey of a nation.

chillemi78
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Strange but True Virginia. I picked it up in the bargain section of Books A Million for a buck. I thought it would be good to find some interesting places to take my son for field trips when we home school next year.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I will look for this book.

Quoting chillemi78:

Strange but True Virginia. I picked it up in the bargain section of Books A Million for a buck. I thought it would be good to find some interesting places to take my son for field trips when we home school next year.

Rach0307
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
The God Project. I love John Saul :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Jenn
by Head Admin on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm reading the Boneman's Daughters by Ted Dekker. Loving it so far.

Xat
by Amanda on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I just finished The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time. I loved the book. It is about an autistic 15 year old boy who was trying to find out who killed the neighbors dog which lead him to find out a bunch of secrets about his parents. Every other chapter is about personal stuff about him not dealing with his case. I loved it and finished it in about three days.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Sounds interesting.

Quoting Xat:

I just finished The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time. I loved the book. It is about an autistic 15 year old boy who was trying to find out who killed the neighbors dog which lead him to find out a bunch of secrets about his parents. Every other chapter is about personal stuff about him not dealing with his case. I loved it and finished it in about three days.

egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:06 PM
That sounds interesting. How is it?

Quoting chillemi78:

egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:06 PM
That does sound good.

Quoting Xat:

egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:08 PM
I haven't read anything in a while unfortunately. I just haven't had the time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)