Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

any adult party food ideas?

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:54 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

i'm throwing a BIG party for my 30th birthday in April, with a theme and all, cos why not?? :D the theme is a spin on Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, and i told people to dress up! a lot of them are going to :D i'm going to have a couple tables set up for playing poker, and of course i'm going to have a food table. i'm not serving a meal- the party starts at 8, so i just need snack food, really. i am going to make a cake that will be similar to this, bsaically i just love the idea of a mushroom cake cos it seems perfect for this party-

and then i'm going to make spinach dip cos everyone loves it (i keep telling them it's just the same recipe as what's on the Knorr box of vegetable dip mix) and have crackers for it. what else do you think woudl be good? we are not fancy people- dont think just cos i'm having a theme party for myself i eat caviar or soemthing! hahaha! i thought about meatballs, but they are almost kind of boring and hit or miss with people. maybe mini sandwiches? i could have a variety, and make my own bread since that's pretty easy. but i still need more ideas! oh what about a cheese log? do people like those? i have a couple recipes i saved for it but never had an occasion to make any.   

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaytee
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:29 PM
I think mini sandwiches, cheese and crackers, fruit and veggies is good. That cake look awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:26 PM

fruit kabobs with dip

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:27 PM

the cake is cute.

MyMysMommie819
by Mandy on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:40 PM
I would say like u said lol sandwiches and cheese and some fruit and maybe veggies
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MaMaLaLa369
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:41 PM

oh! how could i forget! bean dip! it's a layer of cream cheese, then refried beans, then salsa, then shredded cheese and it's baked in the oven. it's sooooooo good! i haven't made it in forever either. i'm gonna have to get a jar of Gunther's Gourmet salsa cos it's the BEST! find him on facebook and go find a jar of his salsas or marinades somewhere, they are soooo delicious! mmmm black and white bean dip... maybe another one made with crab dip? hmmmm... 

chillemi78
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Buffalo chicken dip is awesome. Or for a fun twist on that, buffalo chicken biscuits. Make buffalo chicken dip. Then take premade refrigerated biscuits (like Pillsbury) and flatten them out, put a spoonfull of dip on each one and pinch to seal. Add a sprinkle of cheddar cheese on top and bake at 350 for about 15, until biscuits are golden and cheese is brown and bubbly.

Another fun one and to add something that sounds nonsensical to fit in the theme is candied bacon. Line a baking sheet with foil. Put a wire rack on top of the foil. Cut bacon strips in half and line up on wire rack. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake at 350 about a half hour until brown sugar is thick and bubbly. Take out and let cool to room temp. When I made this for a get together, I put the bacon in a martini glass so it was sticking out in all directions and looked kind of whimsical.

You can also do a candy bar for lots of fun color. Use different size and shapes of wine glasses and/or martini glasses. (buy some at thrift stores or the dollar store if you don't have enough). Just fill with all shapes and colors of candy and arrange the glasses.

Have fun! This sounds like a very fun party!
garjain
by garjain on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Quoting MaMaLaLa369:

oh! how could i forget! bean dip! it's a layer of cream cheese, then refried beans, then salsa, then shredded cheese and it's baked in the oven. it's sooooooo good! i haven't made it in forever either. i'm gonna have to get a jar of Gunther's Gourmet salsa cos it's the BEST! find him on facebook and go find a jar of his salsas or marinades somewhere, they are soooo delicious! mmmm black and white bean dip... maybe another one made with crab dip? hmmmm... 

This is the best and easy dip.... But the variation we do to it is we make it as 7 layer dip. A layer of refried beans, fresh tomato, salsa, guacomole, sour creme, mexican cheese (optional things on top - black olives, green onions, jalepenos). Just make sure it's heated nicely

garjain
by garjain on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Another hit dish is 'spinach artichoke dip'..... This one is heated up/ baked, not like the spnach dip from Knorr. It's always a hit, whenever I make it!

MaMaLaLa369
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM

i have never had buffalo chicken before- is it just like a special sauce you dunk chicken in?

spinach artichoke dip would be great!

thanks for all the great ideas,ladies!

chillemi78
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I use the buffalo chicken dip recipe from Frank's Red Hot Sauce. Its cream cheese, ranch dressing, canned chicken and cheddar cheese. There are options for bleu cheese, but my family doesn't do bleu cheese so I use ranch. It all goes in the crock pot and is served warm with tortilla chips and/or celery sticks. Its always a hit when we have people over.

Quoting MaMaLaLa369:

i have never had buffalo chicken before- is it just like a special sauce you dunk chicken in?

spinach artichoke dip would be great!

thanks for all the great ideas,ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN