Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

Insurance Problem Issue:

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 3:33 PM
  • 6 Replies

First of all I do not wont any nasty replies we all  make  mistakes I had an Anthem Coreshare Policy which I have not had for very long I only paid $92.00 a month but as of this month they were asking for $93.00 well I had been paying all my bills by money order which was costing me started only getting a money order for the rent and gas bill last month others on the  phone well new to everything I did make a mistake and did not check with Anthem to see how to pay I do not have a checking account and that is how they take an payment.

I called today and I see that my payment is not going to make it by the 31st of this month my daughter does not get her check until the 25th of this month and it will be the 26th before I be able to get out and do anything so here I am without health insuance wont I wont to know is why are they so darn strict this was my first time missing my payment now I got to make time and find another policy I have an 19 year old handicapped daughter in her last year of school and I have to make time to do this.

I wont a policy not to high and one that covers pre excisting conditons I was told last year in March went to the ER  that I had an ovarian cyst and fabroid I tell you my stomach still hurts to this day I last went to the emegency room at the hospital last April doctor told me he could not find those problems confusing I need dental insurance like a hole in my head I said if I could get a dental and health insurance policy be good I tell you I got to walk on eggshells pray no serious accidents I will take all advice to thanks 

by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 13, 2013 at 6:22 PM

How did they take the previous payments? Was it from a money order? Have you called them to let them know you will mail it on the 26th? Sometimes companies will extend the date a few days to give time for the mail.

They should document that you called and will send payment on that date.Than check back on the 29th to see if it has arrived.

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:58 PM

I agree with this.

Quoting virginiamama71:

How did they take the previous payments? Was it from a money order? Have you called them to let them know you will mail it on the 26th? Sometimes companies will extend the date a few days to give time for the mail.

They should document that you called and will send payment on that date.Than check back on the 29th to see if it has arrived.

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

MyMysMommie819
by Mandy on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I agree with this, I would try and call them and explain the situation to them. Good luck hun!!!

Quoting virginiamama71:

MyMysMommie819
by Mandy on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

You won't get nasty replies here hun!! We're all supportive here!! =)

blessed4918
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Hello thank all of you who have responded to my question for the 2 I paid with an money order I did call and I could tell way the woman talked why get a money order and send she said would take a week to process and said it may not get there by the 3st my daughter does not get her money which I explained to her until the 25th it will the 26th before I get out to do anything.

Its crazy to me you miss one blank payment and thats it I am sure not going to fool with Anthem again I have got information for Humana someone mentioned ARP but I thought they were for old people I am only 51 if you ladies have any information let me know I do not need anything real high I need a dental and health insurance policy would be nice I badly need my teeth fixed and true you'll are very supportive.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Do you have anyone family or friends that has a credit card or bank account and they can call it in to pay over the phone, than you pay them back when you get your daughter's check?

Quoting blessed4918:

Hello thank all of you who have responded to my question for the 2 I paid with an money order I did call and I could tell way the woman talked why get a money order and send she said would take a week to process and said it may not get there by the 3st my daughter does not get her money which I explained to her until the 25th it will the 26th before I get out to do anything.

Its crazy to me you miss one blank payment and thats it I am sure not going to fool with Anthem again I have got information for Humana someone mentioned ARP but I thought they were for old people I am only 51 if you ladies have any information let me know I do not need anything real high I need a dental and health insurance policy would be nice I badly need my teeth fixed and true you'll are very supportive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN