Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

Do you garden?

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:25 PM
  • 10 Replies

How many of you ladies have vegetable gardens?

Do any of you have flower gardens?

What about fruit?

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:25 PM

We have lots of flowers coming up around the house.  As the years go by we should have more.

We're currently working on our vegetable garden and there was some mention of getting an apple tree and/or cherry tree!  YAY!

alf2651
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I'd love to garden. I'm planning on building a couple of raised beds, since my yard is mostly made up of grass and rocks and it's hard to dig in. 

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Mine too! Are we neighbors? lol!

Our ground is awful.  They pretty much laid sod over rock, lol

Quoting alf2651:

I'd love to garden. I'm planning on building a couple of raised beds, since my yard is mostly made up of grass and rocks and it's hard to dig in. 

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

alf2651
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I live near a rock quarry. I have boulders in my front yard, lol.

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Quoting alf2651:

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:36 PM

oh wow!  

Quoting alf2651:

I live near a rock quarry. I have boulders in my front yard, lol.

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Quoting alf2651:

motamaid
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I do it all. I got my cold crop veggies in yesterday. I moved over 700 lbs of soil and compost by myself. I have raised beds and containers for my veggies, flowers have all kinds of ground spots and containers and feuit so far are berry bushes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bunnywzrd
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

We do a little of everything. Veggies, fruits, flowers, and a couple of trees.

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:25 PM

oh gosh that sounds awesome!  

Quoting motamaid:

I do it all. I got my cold crop veggies in yesterday. I moved over 700 lbs of soil and compost by myself. I have raised beds and containers for my veggies, flowers have all kinds of ground spots and containers and feuit so far are berry bushes.

LoveonHollySt
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:30 AM

My husband is the gardner.  He finds it relaxing so I let him have at it.  He has always been able to grow something even in the worst soil conditions.  Me?  I am the weeder.  While I have the kids outside to play in the mornings is when I go to work.  I figure it is safer that way....for the plants at least. lol.

Last year we did alot of veggies.  Everything from tomatoes, cucumbers, yellow and green squash and radishes.  I have a rosemary bush that is about three feet tall and two feet wide.  That is MY baby.  I want to get a couple of large pots and grow oregano, mint, thyme, cilantro, etc. in them and place them out front (maybe a berry bush or two as well).  We also plan on growing green and sweet peppers, lettuce mix, butternut and acorn squash, carrots, and Lord knows what else.  I am planning on clearing out the flower beds (they are kind of dead anyway) and preping them for produce.  

There a few of us on the street that plan to put together a community garden with alot more diversity than ours.  Hopefully all we will have to buy this year are potatoes and onions. 

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM

We did container gardening last year. Cucumbers, tomatoes and strawberries. Not sure what we will do this year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)