Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

my Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland 30th birthday party!

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:20 AM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

my party was a week ago, and it was AWESOME! hands down best night i have had in years :D all the work hubs and i put into it was totally worth it :) my costume didn't come out too bad (i was having some major issues with it), my hats came out perfect (my mom was almost crying when she tried to hand hers to me at the end of the night, she said she wanted me to try and sell it even though she loved it so much, but i told her absolutely not, she was keeping it!), and all the decorations were so cute! one of my sisters helped me with a bunch of stuff and my mom surprised me with soem decor items too, and it all made everything that much better :D

the buffet-

^at the forefront is what i call Mom's Dip (cream cheese, refried beans, salsa-2 different kinds- and cheese baked at 350 for 30 minutes), a 3D Mushroom Cake, crackers with spinach dip, you can barely see the tiny mad Hatter treats (better pic up next) and sausage cheese balls. i didn't get a pic of them, but in the apothecary jar next to the one with the sticks are vodka-soaked gummy bears. i also made Hippie Juice and 3 different flavors of jello shooters :D

^Tiny Mad Hatter treats (they are filled with Candy Clay, and dipped in candy melts with candy clay "ribbons") they were not easy to make and did not come out liek i hoped! half were supposed to look liek top hats, but i didnt' make them "tall" enough. i made that treat stand specifically for the party- they are dollar store plates and dollar store candle holders- the plates are colored with Sharpie and baked, and the candle holders are spray painted and everything glued together

^photo booth corner with props- my sister made the hat out of playing cards- it was great! i had Red Queen hair, a Mad Hatter hat, a Cheshire Cat grin, and a Tweedle Dee/Dum hat (i should have made 2! but i was running out of time) and a couple of store-bought masks

^this looks SOOOO much better in person- this is a pic my mom took and for some reason it double exposed (i'm not sure what those red spots are, i think they are from a pic she took of the roses maybe) my mom made the signs for me :D

horrible picture, but these are the flowers i glued eyes onto, they are so cute! the pitcher and that brass pot we found in the garage when my husband was cleaning it out, and i thought they would look great for the party so i cleaned them up and put them to good use! hooray for useful found junk!

the poker table, with my AIW wall hanging i normally have up in my craft room

me as Um (Alice), my mom as the White Queen (both those hats i made), my youngest sister as a subject of the Red Queen (she had a prior engagement she couldnt' get out of and came late, and didnt' have time to get the rest of her costume done, she was so bummed but she still looked pretty), and then my other sister who wore bunny ears half the night, and that Cheshire Cat ball cap half the night (and also the White Rabbit hat i made for my husband's costume, haha!) she was also wearing a black and white striped shirt to look liek a Tweedle, so she was everybody, hahaha!

some party people :) we tried about 8,000 times to get a good shot of all us girls together in our costumes with props, but there were like 6 people taking pictures so in NONE of them are we all looking at one camera and not moving, hahaha! but this is one of th ebtter shots with some of the girls and it;s not too blurry

me demonstarting how i melted into a couch one time i had everclear with a friend when we were in high school- it's hilarious, but also one of the few good pictures of my whole outfit (i totally forgot to wear the belt i made!!!!)

my mom and dad ♥

me and my husband's cousin's wife- i LOVED that she went all out and got cat-eye contacts to wear with her outfit!

i was so wasted at this point, i decided i needed soemone to take a duckface picture of me! hahaha! but you can see my hat pretty well here

the beautiful necklace my mom made for me! the big pendant at the bottom is a pic of the tea party from the book that my mom put in there. inside the little hand mirror is a tiny pic of Alice my mom glued in there too and colored, and the red heart charm on the left really opens! it's so cute!

and lastly, here's some pics of the White Queen hat (for my mom's costume), the hat i wore with my Um outfit, and the Red Queen hat

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Looks like a fun party!

Happy Birthday!!

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:58 PM

the food looks great!

Quoting MaMaLaLa369:

the buffet-

^at the forefront is what i call Mom's Dip (cream cheese, refried beans, salsa-2 different kinds- and cheese baked at 350 for 30 minutes), a 3D Mushroom Cake, crackers with spinach dip, you can barely see the tiny mad Hatter treats (better pic up next) and sausage cheese balls. i didn't get a pic of them, but in the apothecary jar next to the one with the sticks are vodka-soaked gummy bears. i also made Hippie Juice and 3 different flavors of jello shooters :D

^Tiny Mad Hatter treats (they are filled with Candy Clay, and dipped in candy melts with candy clay "ribbons") they were not easy to make and did not come out liek i hoped! half were supposed to look liek top hats, but i didnt' make them "tall" enough. i made that treat stand specifically for the party- they are dollar store plates and dollar store candle holders- the plates are colored with Sharpie and baked, and the candle holders are spray painted and everything glued together

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:00 PM

love the cat eyes.

me and my husband's cousin's wife- i LOVED that she went all out and got cat-eye contacts to wear with her outfit!

MaMaLaLa369
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:08 PM

thank you! we all had so much fun; most of my friends are parents too and rarely get out to have fun, so it was a great excuse for us all to dress up and be silly for a night :)

Quoting virginiamama71:

Looks like a fun party!

Happy Birthday!!

chillemi78
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this
It all looks so fantastic! Happy Belated Birthday!
Now I really can't wait to wear one of your hats to the Baltimore Comic-Con!
Xat
by Amanda on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this
It looks like you had fun and the hats are so cute.
Happy late birthday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN